Walther Forums banner
221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
Actually I don't need a bedside gun I have a wife!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I used to keep a gun in both of my bedside nightstands, a PPK and G19. However, now with the passage of I-1639, if I continue to do so, I will be a felon. The only legal way for gun "storage" now is in a safe. Having them in a separate room under lock and key doesn't count. :mad:

I'm supposed to buy a gun safe, store all rifles and hand guns in it and make sure it can't be wheeled out of the house using a hand truck.

Anybody got an idea for an all night sleep holster?
I have several safes and the biggest is a tad over 1,000 lbs empty but moving it from one house to another, getting it on a trailer and into the new house only took a very solid four wheel dolly and three guys, with four guys it will be easy.
I can easily move my 700 lbs safe with my son alone since it isn't as bulky as the big one - as long as he does the heavy lifting:).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bedside choice is a S&W Governor loaded with .410 double ought and .45 Colt.

I leave my gun safe unlocked at night and have a PPS40 as first in hand if necessary. I also have a S&W3953 and S&W4053 loaded and ready for action.

The first thing I do in the morning is spin the dial on the gun safe.:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used to keep a gun in both of my bedside nightstands, a PPK and G19. However, now with the passage of I-1639, if I continue to do so, I will be a felon. The only legal way for gun "storage" now is in a safe. Having them in a separate room under lock and key doesn't count. :mad:

I'm supposed to buy a gun safe, store all rifles and hand guns in it and make sure it can't be wheeled out of the house using a hand truck.

Anybody got an idea for an all night sleep holster?
This reply is mostly for Washington State residents.

I'm not a lawyer and this should not be understood to be legal advice.

While I-1639 was horrible, having read the initiative and comments on it, it looks to me that it's not a crime to not store your weapons locked.

Please check https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_...ship_and_Purchase_Requirements_Measure_(2018) for more info or read below:
The initiative would create new criminal offenses for the unsafe storage of a firearm if a person who cannot legally possess a firearm gets it and uses it in specified ways. These crimes would apply to a person who stores or leaves a firearm in a place where the person knows, or reasonably should know, that a prohibited person may gain access to the firearm. Failure to securely store a firearm would only be a crime if certain other events happen. A person who fails to securely store a firearm would be guilty of a felony if a person who is legally ineligible to possess a firearm uses it to cause personal injury or death. A person who fails to securely store a firearm would be guilty of a gross misdemeanor if a person who is legally ineligible to possess a firearm discharges it, uses it in a way that shows intent to intimidate someone or that warrants alarm for the safety of others, or uses the firearm in the commission of a crime

The initiative would not mandate how or where a firearm must be stored. But it would provide that the crimes regarding unsecure storage would sometimes not apply. Those crimes would not apply if the firearm was in secure gun storage, meaning a locked box, gun safe, or other locked storage space that is designed to prevent unauthorized use or discharge of a firearm. The crimes also would not apply if the firearm was secured with a trigger lock or similar device that is designed to prevent the unauthorized use or discharge of the firearm. The crimes would not apply if the person who gets the firearm is ineligible to possess it because of age but the access is with parental permission and under adult supervision. The crimes would not apply in cases of self-defense. Finally, the crimes would not apply if the person who is ineligible to possess a firearm obtains it through unlawful entry, if the unauthorized access or theft is reported to law enforcement within five days of the time the victim knew or should have known that the firearm had been taken.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.