Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Alternate a SIG P220 and SIG P226 SAO Legion, night sights and lights. Also an AR15 with a spare mag sling as a ready rifle.

Shotguns are an awesome choice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interesting turn of the conversation here. In Texas we cannot just shoot anyone for anything or I’d have left a wake of deadsters with man-buns behind me by now and probably wouldn’t be alive myself today, for that matter. Civil unrest is a thing and sometimes you don’t have it on the calendar as something you look forward to participating in this weekend. Cops are not there to protect you either. They would if they could, but their job is to arrest the bad guy who just killed you. So I’d rather take my chances and be part of my own self defense team, but that’s my choice and probably the choice of many who frequent these forums. So about civil unrest, it’s just better to live on the outskirts as far as is practical and have as much elbow room between you and the neighbors as you’re able. At least for me, that is. If it’s a targeted home invasion, they are jumping my fence, running across an acre of land and making their way in to my home with a lab/boxer mix. She knows who she knows and if she don’t know you, then it is what it is. But Texans shooting for shootings sake isn’t reality. We are as a generalization a friendly and respectful folk and country or quasi-country is the best place to live. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Love the Fallout game reference.

Yeah, I'm an old guy that plays video games, though never did Fallout, much prefer combat flight simulation.

:D
Roger that BP. Combat Flight Sim is the best. I also used to own a sim called Air Transport Pilot. Give me a mission.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those in other states need to realize, If some homeowner in a populated area of Texas, were to shoot a criminal walking away from their home with several stolen items, that shooter will most likely go to prison for a long time. REALITY!

It's not like "see someone pick up your cellphone off a mall food court table, shoot them dead, good shoot, no arrest, no charges". That is NOT Texas law. REALITY!
You are correct in a general sense that Texas law is common sense and not “gunfights at the OK Corral”. If someone trespasses on another’s property or comes uninvited inside another’s home, and this occurring after darkness, using deadly force is legally defensible. We differ with other states in that we have no duty to retreat and we may defend both life and property. Whether one chooses to do so is another topic of conversation altogether.

·
Registered
373 Posts
A GunVault or the like secured to your bed frame or wall stud. Can’t be trucked off and the guns accessible and secure. Can’t see how WaState can have a prob with that. Wait, they’re politicians. They can have a prob with whatever they want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.