Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Let's add one more to the equation. Hoping that no one has to go through an encounter of force or deadly force, keep one thing in mind. An attorney. I've commented on this in another thread. If your not represented by an organization that specializes in use of force situations, you could get stuck with a public defender or a lawyer that has no expertise in this area. It's not a bad idea to find an attorney through word of mouth, maybe info from a local gun club or gun shop. Nothing wrong with having all your bases covered. Because if the SHTF, the legal repercussion's are a nightmare.

·
Registered
510 Posts
What fascinates me is the interpretation of laws, either by a prosecutor or defense attorney. Number one and foremost, how does ANYONE know what the intent is of some ass****(s) who break into your house. Excuse me maggot, what are your intentions, while you or someone else is ready to protect person or property. It's amazing what has happened to our society and legal system. Let's see, 3 am in the morning, you're woke up by a crash, noise or some other disturbance out of the ordinary. You investigate with your bedside protection/tactical light, and legal check list. Wait maggot, I have to ask you some questions before I defend myself and my family. And if I don't, I could be in big trouble. Sure, it's sounds sarcastic and un- reasonable. But it's happening all over the country. Stay safe and vigilant. And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If the intruder were to show hands and comply with my commands, or retreat IMMIDATELY, I would not fire. If the person is intoxicated (stumbling drunk), I would also not fire.

But aggression and non-compliance that has me deem myself and/or my homes occupants safety in peril, it's my duty as a husband and father to neutralize the threat.

Well stated. The choice of words "neutralize the threat" goes a long way. Especially during an investigation or legal proceeding. Also verbal commands come into play. Anything you can show in your defense that your intent was not to use force or deadly force weighs in your favor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.