Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read here and other forums about  peoples  PPKs wouldn t feed this  brand hollow point or that one . Some people say theirs jamed on ball.Well I guess the Gods were looking down on me when I bought my PPK/S Interarms type. Mine has never missed a lick. I just came in from my range [back yard]I fired Silvertips, Remington GS102,Cor Bon and Fed Hyd full mags of each and mixed them up They all feed and fired .I guess my question ,is something wrong with my pistol I mean it works and has never bit me either I almost feel left out.  

·
Registered
83 Posts
Once in a while the armorrors spend just a little more time on a piece than normal. Cars are the same way. Unless it was made via a CNC mill (like Kimber) then there is a much greater chance of variance in which ammo it "likes".

Does yours have any evidence of have the bbl. throated or the internal sharp edges relieved?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TB: I got this pistol used I know the trigger has been lightned , feels about the same as my Bersa. The ramp may have been polish it does have a bit of a shine but I do not have another to compair it with. Its a Interarms and I have no idea how old or how many owners. I know the next owner after me will be one of my daugthers. This PPK/S and my Colt Mustang are not going any were  in my lifetime.:D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Mine likes all ball ammo and likes Cor-bon, hydro-shok and my reloads using Hornady hollow points, but it doesn't like the golden sabers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Michael, I would just go on shooting it as if it doesn't have a problem at all. After all, it sounds like it doesn't.

The only ones I would be learey of would be from really odd sounding companies you've never heard of such as the Blammo Ammo Company (there was such a people
). Also, if a hollowpoint looks considerably larger (larger hole) than what your used to seeing, I'd avoid that too. The CCI Blazer in 45ACP comes to mind. It was known amongst gun writers as the "Flying Ashtray" or the "Hoarse Troth". Man, that hole was huge....

The Remington Golden Sabers as P88 mentioned always seemed too long in slug's length protruding from the casing. That experience was in 9mm Para so I don't have a reference to go by for 380ACP.

So far I've chambered MagSafe (damn those are expensive), Remington UMC, Hydra Shocks, CorBon and Glaser. Stores were I live are not plentiful (or close) that have a decent selection of ammo.

So go about life and don't give it too much thought. Since you found quite a few loads that feed reliably I would now concentrate on which one is the most accurate and has a comfortable recoil for you.

BTW-  Next month I'm sending mine out to Cylinder & Slide in Nebraska to get a full carry package with Novak sights performed. Gonna cost more that !^@#&* gun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts