Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
- The QA is a pre-cocked system, similar to a DAO pistol. Every pull is the same. IE, it's basically like a Glock handgun.

- The AS is a DA/SA system, similar to ... well, your basic DA/SA pistol. The DA pull is heavier, and the followup SA pulls are lighter. Basically like a Sig DA/SA handgun.

There's more to it than that, but there's your basic answer.

thorn

·
Registered
63 Posts
P990

Can someone compare the QA to a DAO for me? I own a P990 and am thinking of purchasing an AS or QA and can't decide which one I would be happier with. I assume the trigger pull on a QA is easier than on a DAO...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thorn: Very nice!

Thank you, even though I already knew most of what you said.

And you mentioned Xavier... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
thorn,

Great video. I found it to be very informative.

I've been thinking about getting a QA, but does the fact that the pistol can be deactivated(so to speak by the decocker) give anyone pause? Perhaps, I'm not taking the ability to see the firing pin condition into account?

Don

·
Registered
536 Posts
thorn,
I've been thinking about getting a QA, but does the fact that the pistol can be deactivated(so to speak by the decocker) give anyone pause? Perhaps, I'm not taking the ability to see the firing pin condition into account?
From a functional standpoint, i wouldn't worry about the gun deactivating accidentally. The QA decocker is a lot smaller than the AS, so it's a lot harder to press. It's only meant to be used for disassembly, not as a safety - though i've heard that a few people do use it that way (IMO, bad idea. but to each their own.)

But it's a good question... has anyone that carries a QA ever had it decock accidentally?

thorn

·
Registered
6 Posts
From a functional standpoint, i wouldn't worry about the gun deactivating accidentally. The QA decocker is a lot smaller than the AS, so it's a lot harder to press. It's only meant to be used for disassembly, not as a safety - though i've heard that a few people do use it that way (IMO, bad idea. but to each their own.)

But it's a good question... has anyone that carries a QA ever had it decock accidentally?

thorn

Thorn,

Thanks for your excellent reply.

Can anyone with a QA tell me if the firing pin is visible when active and not visibile when deactivated? I suspect this would be the case, and I would be much more comfortable with a QA. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thorn,

Thanks for your excellent reply.

Can anyone with a QA tell me if the firing pin is visible when active and not visibile when deactivated? I suspect this would be the case, and I would be much more comfortable with a QA. :D
Decocked the striker sits inside and can't be seen.
RTF the striker is even with the back of the slide and the red dot can be seen.
Pulling the QA trigger causes the striker to come out about 3 to 4mm before firing.

Fritz

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wouldn't have any problem carrying the AS in single action mode with the trigger either forward or in the rear position. In fact once I get to qualify with mine I will be carrying cocked, locked and short trigger.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've done a quick video demonstrating the AS trigger's different modes.

Nothing special, but hopefully explains how it works. If it's helpful - great :) If ya hate it - well, it's free ;)

thorn
I thanked you on youtube, but I feel it's necessary to thank you again. YOU MADE IT CLEAR! Thank you! I made a thread right before I found this link to the video...part of my question was about this. Thanks again!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some people may do that. I wouldn't. Yes, it's a long pull but it doesn't take too much pressure. The spec sheet may say 4.4 lbs (or w/e) but it's the next best thing to effortless.

thorn
+1, yes you could carry it that way the question is whether or not it is wise. In my opinion, well, not so much...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts