Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So why can't you buy mags from Mec-Gar for the P99 ??

I guess Walther/S&W have some deal to make sure they can gouge customers with their mark-up rather than buying from Mec-Gar or it's distributors ?

Pretty lame way to do business... Sig, Beretta and others don't seem to have this hang-up...

·
Registered
263 Posts
DarthSkeeter,
I looked at Mec-Gar's website.  It appears as though they only distribute to dealers which is a fairly common practice and is not 'gouging'.

I also did a quick search for "Mec-Gar P99".  I found a retailer  selling 10 round factory P99 magazines in both 9mm and .40.  If one has them I'm sure there are more that have them in stock; CDNN Investments

The ones listed are not the ProMags.  They are listed separately and for a lower price.  Walther America is not the sole source of Mec-Gar magazines.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There are Mec-Gar magazines for Walthers and S&W guns on the market.  The website implies that there just aren't any P99 / SW99 mags that they make on the side for sale.  -The webpage may be out of date.

Whatever the case is- At this point I kind of wonder about the wisdom of doing so.  They're looking at the ban on high capacity mags possibly sunsetting.  Assuming the ban sunsets, a lot of people are going to be buying new high capacity mags and dumping their "ten rounders" online for people in CA, MA, and NY.  Why ramp up production on ten round magazines that may sit in inventory for years?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I plan on waiting for the sunset (hopefully !!)... then get the cheap hi-caps... otherwise, guess I'll have to by through CDNN or someone like that.

Thanks guys... just wanted to see if anyone else htough it was weird... especially since MecGar will sell the mags for the less popular Walthers...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I'd be worried about getting Mec-Gar mags with the weak floorplates. My original and replacement sets both cracked & spewed shells on the range floor.

Walther finally sent floorplates for the SW99 that are holding for the time being. I don't trust them yet though. I've got ProMags for when I carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts