Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Somebody over on Glock Talk was posting about an AF (2005) model and said it has an extended magazine release that's about twice as long as the regular one. I haven't even seen an AF model around, and he never came back to verify (he put the pistol on lay away).

Maybe it's true...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Navy87Guy @ Mar. 17 2005,5:04)]Somebody over on Glock Talk was posting about an AF (2005) model and said it has an extended magazine release that's about twice as long as the regular one.
From looking in their 2005 catalog, that doesn't seem to be true. Looks the same to me.

I wonder if he was looking at the extended slide release model and got it mixed up with a mag release?

·
Registered
93 Posts
[/QUOTE]Somebody over on Glock Talk was posting about an AF (2005) model and said it has an extended magazine release that's about twice as long as the regular one. I haven't even seen an AF model around, and he never came back to "verify" his claim (he said he put the pistol on lay away).
Maybe it's true...
That was me… I’ve been working on getting a job finished and haven't been out for a few days. I just got a cancellation on Saturday so I’ll try to get over there to verify what I said. I’m pretty sure the date code was AF and the mag release (I’m positive it is the mag release) is definitely longer and easier to use. I’ll try to get some photos to post.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DTQ @ Mar. 17 2005,8:12)]I’m pretty sure the date code was AF and the mag release (I’m positive it is the mag release) is definitely longer and easier to use. I’ll try to get some photos to post.
I'll be curious to see it...looking at my P99 I'm trying to imagine how they could extend the release without it being in the way. Does it curve? Pics would be great.

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (P88 @ Mar. 17 2005,9:53)]The catalog shows a tan colored frame P99.  Should be interesting.
I wish they'd post the catalog on the web site....like every other gun maker in the world! The last one there is 2003!

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DTQ @ Mar. 18 2005,2:01)]Sorry about the quality, i was in a rush.
I understood the poor quality...until I looked at your web site and realized that you're a professional photographer!!

As penance, you owe us some "Dr Lunde-quality" shots once you get that baby home!!

Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
I’m Protestant, I don't do penance. But I will do photos of that puppy when I get it home. Oh yeah, we gonna do some beauty shots that’l make yer Glock GROAN, Baby!

Sorry... that just slipped out.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Did they change the magazine release to a metal part? Looks like it would be flimsy if it's still plastic.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DTQ @ Mar. 18 2005,9:38)]As for the mag release, I'm pretty sure it's metal...
I'd almost think they'd have to be, being that long. Either that or they've got some sort of support in them.

Have you not taken her home yet? Or do you live in one of these States with a waiting period?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Layaway, also known as prioritization of expenditures. Bummer!
Hey, in case anyone is interested, as of earlier today (3-16-05) the Sportsmans Warehouse in Albuquerque, NM (505-761-9900) had at least one AF P99 AS 40S&W left for sale at $550.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts