Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a NIB P99 2000 commerative for $800.00. Is this worth it? I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket but just havn't decided what to get yet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think so, I see people barely able to sell them for $500. Personally I wouldn't pay more than I would for a normal NIB P99. Ymmv.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I don't think that $800.00 is all that great of a price for a year 2000 commemorative. I have seen them listed for below that amount. For some reason, collectors never really 'took' to the 2k model. Earl had them listed on his website for quite somtime under the 'specials' section, at a reduced cost. From a collector's point of view, it looks like the 2k model really won't appreciate much. If you do not already have a standard production P99, I would suggest spending your extra funds on that over the 2k model (just my two cents though).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Like the old saying, it's worth whatever somebody will pay. I passed on a Y2K in .40 more than once. Just wasn't worth the premium to me especially since I'm not a collector of unfired pieces. The ones I have seen have all been well below $800 though.

The LaChase is sorta interesting to me.... Here is one that has been shot, and the guy has relisted this thing at least 5 times... maybe he's willing to work with somebody that really wants it. You can even see the fabric in the case is a little oily, so... maybe he has "room".

Used LaChasse 9mm

Since I'm into the .40 flavor of the P99, I'm out of the hunt on that one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts