Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther P99c 9mm loaded/chambered/uncocked with Federal Hydrashocks. Second mag with Ball FMJ's. Surefire A2 Aviator. Cellphone.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
P99 QA 115gr Ranger +p w/meps & a P5 with 115 gr Gold Dots in a Gun Vault (with the finger code lock).  The P99 is for me and the P5 is for my wife.  Both loaded with extra mags for each.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well
Since I live on Military housing I don't have any loaded guns in the nightstand.....
though my P99c isn't far and loaded with Federal 135gr Hydra-Shoks uncocked

·
Registered
35 Posts
Usually my duty SIGARMS P229 .40 S&W and two mags during the weekdays; weekends, it's whatever I carried that day...usually my two Kahr 9mms (PM9 and P9 Covert).

·
Registered
333 Posts
I too love my Walther P-99 .........but when I want it to go bang for sure I have my S&W 696[ 3" barrel ] .44 Spl nearby.

Don't let anyone give you a line about accuracy and shorter barreled guns because its a load of crap.
Take a look see at what the above 3"BBL gun can do firing 200 gr. Gold Dot Hollow Points

5- Shot group from 30 feet

Single shot after zero

These groups were made using laser guided Grips by Crimson Trace LG-306's. Point shooting stance was used at all times. NO bench rest!

JF.

·
Registered
306 Posts
in my nightstand ? let's think ..... some handkerchiefs, tactical massage oil, a full clip of heat seeking condoms,...

no seriously, I live in a "rather safe" neighbourhood and although I keep my guns (a Walther P99 and a Walther P5) in a vault in my dressing room, the last thing I want to experience is to wake up looking into the barrel of my own gun, held by a burglar. As our sleeping room is on the second floor of our house and the dog sleeps in the living room (standing guard ?) I do not consider placing a gun in my nightstand. Moreover I do not like the idea of having loaded gun in reach of our 2 children (although they sleep on the first floor).

·
Registered
83 Posts
what sits on my night stand is whatever pistol i am carrying at the moment, which has been a CZ75 P-01 for the last 6 months or so. it's had about 1000+ rounds through it (including several practical shooting matches) of all types of ammo and hasn't even hiccupped. i'm real confident it will go bang and continue to go bang when i need it to.

i have kids, so my loaded pistol is either on my hip or on the nightstand when i'm in bed.

a .40 and a 9mm P99 have both stood watch on my night stand in the past, and i'm sure a 9mm will again

frye

·
Registered
149 Posts
S&W .357 2inch barrel. When it comes to home defense I would always recommend a revolver, no matter how good the semi auto is, a revolver is still more reliable. Also, if there are kids in your house, shame on you if its no locked. Guns should be locked, but quickly accessable to those who should have access. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
83 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wagemage @ Feb. 20 2006,22:46)]S&W .357 2inch barrel. When it comes to home defense I would always recommend a revolver, no matter how good the semi auto is, a revolver is still more reliable. Also, if there are kids in your house, shame on you if its no locked. Guns should be locked, but quickly accessable to those who should have access. Just my 2 cents
it's a good thing you don't live at my house

frye

1 - 12 of 12 Posts