Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you were me?

I've a BB code PPQ 9mm. Trigger bar is broken but gun still fires. I have the ability and know how to replace it.

Given the fact that apparently there's some half-assin' twits down at Fort Smith, I'm really hesitant about sending them my perfectly fine-functioning gun for them to potentially eff it up like they did ole boy's PPK/S when they "claimed" it needed a new slide. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway, verbiage aside, would you guys ask for a trigger bar at the expense of shipping and cost, or would you rather send them the whole pistol? (no idea yet if then the repair would be free, but I'd rather assume I'd have to ship it)

I'm leaning towards just getting them to send me a new trigger bar and do it myself, rather than run the risk of assing up my otherwise capable main self defense handgun. I do have others, including another PPQ in .40, but hey, this is MY gun, and I want it in the same condition it's in BEFORE they touch it.. :eek:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If it's an easy thing for you to do, I'd just get the part from them and do it myself if I were you.

If it's overly complex and you're half expecting to have to bring to your gunsmith halfway through, let them do it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If its under warranty . . . . they have the choice to send you the part or not.
Be kind and tell him how great it is and how good his wife was last
tuesday night . . . . should be no problem !:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts