Walther Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only thing that is giving pause on purchasing a PDP is that I hate multi-optics ready systems (all manufacturers). I hate adapter plates. And I want the optic to sit as low and secure as possible. I would rather have a non optics ready slide, so I can get it milled for a specific footprint.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You don't need to mill the slide, the plate for the Vortex Viper fits perfect and sits lower than any other options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pdp needs something? For example glock needs sights , maybe trigger, but it has cheap spare parts, accessories and so many companies who make after markets because glock need them........ Pdp need something , like aftermarkets, spare parts ect ect to be better ???
Not a fair comparison by almost any measure. The PDP has:
The best trigger
Better ergonomics
Better grip texture
Superior accuracy
Optics ready
Basically, it's a phenomenal gun out of the box for a very competitive price
The stock sights are not great, but Glock aftermarket sights are very available

Glock has:
Aftermarket parts, which you'll need to make it as good as the PDP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is so much expensive!!!!!!!!! Are there cheaper sights??? So for you pdp is perfect and you want to change sights only?
Since the PDP is compatible with Glock frame sights there are sooooo many options. You can definitely get night sights and a good pair for around $50-$100, just look around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Since the PDP is compatible with Glock frame sights there are sooooo many options. You can definitely get night sights and a good pair for around $50-$100, just look around.
But all the other spare parts, accessories ect are more expensive than Glock, i think

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to have a steel or aluminum frame available. I like the grip but if it is used hard I think it will lose some of the nice grip feel it has... Some may like this but I think you can't have enough grip feel on a gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If I were Walther, a set of tritium fiber optic sights would be standard on the PDP. But there’s so many options in the aftermarket, I can see why Walther went with the white dot sights. And I’d knock down the sharp shoulders to the slide serrations. Otherwise, this pistol is excellent. Now, I’m waiting on the PDP SubCompact - take 3/4” off the slide and barrel, shorten grip 1/2”, and run 12 round mags in 9mm.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts