Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Getting back on track:
My dream fir a new Walther pistol would be one with the same frame/form factor as the CCP, but with the following characteristics:
a) Striker fired
b) DA/SA and decocker
c) Double stack magazine

Just like the P99 but with the CCP size and shape.
I really like that idea. A CCP sized P99.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It seems like almost every new gun has that striker fired consistent pull nowadays.

The P99 AS system was pretty unique and a darn good system. It still is unique.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Geo,

I'd be more interested if it were reasonably and comparatively priced, and actually built by Walther. Sig makes both polymer framed and metal framed 1911 pistols. Walther would probably have a loyal enough following that Walther fans like ourselves, and even shooters who don't partake in this superior brand alike will flock to it. I know it is a saturated market, but they keep selling like hotcakes. What say ye?

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Geo,

I'd be more interested if it were reasonably and comparatively priced, and actually built by Walther. Sig makes both polymer framed and metal framed 1911 pistols. Walther would probably have a loyal enough following that Walther fans like ourselves, and even shooters who don't partake in this superior brand alike will flock to it. I know it is a saturated market, but they keep selling like hotcakes. What say ye?
It's hard for me to see what niche Walther could carve out for itself in the 1911 market.

There are a bazillion 1911s already out there at every price point.

I just don't see it but my crystal ball is sometimes foggy.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jimmo,

Fantastic point. I alluded to that as the market already flooded. Plus aside from the steel framed Q5, I am just not seeing metal framed pistols come from Walther much anymore. Polymer be the way of the future, it looks.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I am a Walther fan and collector, but that would not entice me to buy a Umarex 1911, in fact the opposite. I still find it bizarre that the WF admins have kept that 1911 image in the masthead despite numerous negative comments (and none favorable) since the day it appeared. My $0.02

p.s., I love my US-made SIG 1911.....go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am a Walther fan and collector, but that would not entice me to buy a Umarex 1911, in fact the opposite. I still find it bizarre that the WF admins have kept that 1911 image in the masthead despite numerous negative comments (and none favorable) since the day it appeared. My $0.02

p.s., I love my US-made SIG 1911.....go figure.
I don't tend to care too much about things like which images are shown but in this case, I find the 1911 image in the forum masthead bizarre.

I'm also surprised it continues to be displayed there after all the negative feedback.

Perhaps it truly is the lack of a suitable replacement image or concern for copyright infringement. If that is the case, simply remove the image without replacing it with a new image. Given the historical significance of the PPK, perhaps show that image twice.

Lastly, I own a number of higher end 1911s. I have no interest in another, particularly if it were to be made by the Umarex side of the house.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
You mean like showing a vintage PPK, or a P38, or perhaps a P5, or.....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
All valid points. I have a beautiful American made 1911 that I bought skin and bones the day I turned 21 and have pieced it together into the range baby it is today. Ever since I was a little kid I remember watching my first 007 movie and he had a Walther P99 (World is Not Enough, I know its a more recent one than some of the classics, not too much flak please... haha). I have always wanted Walthers since. When I had the money to get my 1911, that was a different story, but I saved and saved and saved to get my P99 and then my PPS Classic. Had a PPk, but traded it on the PPS I know that is heresy. To my point, I am a fan of both the brand banner and the style pistol. If they were made on the actual Walther side, not the Umarex side, and made in the states to boot, I think I would have to give it a second look. Until that imaginary day, Kimber will be my 1911 source. Or if they did something like in my "weird daydreams" as a fellow forum member pointed out, if they beefed up the PPk into 45 ACP, that would be another second look, for sure. I think there is a trend here....

Oh, and,

You mean like showing a vintage PPK, or a P38, or perhaps a P5, or.....
Like the olden days?? Hahah

21 - 30 of 30 Posts