Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do we think will be the next new products Walther will offer?

I'll guess a Q5 Match with Walther's new Dynamic trigger already installed.

That and a Leopard print CCP.

I'd love to see more calibers available in the PPQ series and a smaller frame gun
offered to help Walther compete with P365, Hellcat and G43x guns.

Maybe a PPK offered with a more traditional beavertail.

But I'm guessing that Leopard print CCP is more likely.

We can dream i guess.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The PPS LE M2with MagGuts internals, taking the 9 round mag to 10 is a direct competitor to the G43X. I have the G48. I eat the PPS when a shorter barrel is needed for greater concealment.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, as long as this is a dream thread, because I don't see Walther doing anything revolutionary any time soon... How about a new PPK in .32acp?
A PPK in .32acp certainly seems like it should be doable. A small step.

While they are in there, I'd like to see them produce a run of PPK's without the S&W tang. As we know from this forum, there are many who would prefer that.

That should be doable as well. We are talking small steps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The M3 / P3 was for the German trials it was not a PPS “M3” it was PPQ with partial cocked striker, heavier, pull. P3 was paddle release, M3 was mag button. That’s a good point as they may have confused the two!

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The M3 / P3 was for the German trials it was not a PPS “M3” it was PPQ with partial cocked striker, heavier, pull. P3 was paddle release, M3 was mag button. That’s a good point as they may have confused the two!
I mistyped. I meant PPQ.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd guess a .45 ACP in the steel frame line, maybe Q5 configuration.Walther has never had a proprietary cartridge carrying their own name, so that might be a milestone they might try to hit.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'd love to see more calibers available in the PPQ series and a smaller frame gun

We can dream i guess.

We can dream i guess.
I wrote Walther that my wife's favorite pistol, the PK380, which fits her hand perfectly, no sharp grips, and she shoots it well.. A great upgrade to the PK380 would be to hollow out the current inside grips that would then allow for a double stack mag and give new life to the PK380.. A small PPQ in 380 with ladies small tender hands in mind would be an alternative to upgrading the PK380 to double stack... The PPQ trigger in a small 380 would be truly unique...

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish Walther would make a true pocket sized pistol in DA/SA, something along the lines of the Beretta Tomcat/Bobcat except in .380acp and not necessarily just a smaller version of a PPK but an entirely new design. As far as I know Beretta is the only game in town for a DA/SA pocket semi-auto and if they can make and sell them then why not Walther?

Also, I wish they would come out with more steel or aluminum framed variants of their striker fired pistols. There are still a lot of people, like yours truly, who are hesitant to buy a plastic gun and if there were some more options in this area of striker fired pistols they could gain a whole new customer base.
Just curious, why are you hesitant to buy a plastic carry gun? They are highly proven at this point and ride in the holsters of most police holsters. Even the US military has now embraced plastic handguns.

Now if it's personal preference, I totally get that. We like what we like, but if it's out of safety, reliability or durability concerns, the plastic carry guns are very proven.

Regards

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just curious, why are you hesitant to buy a plastic carry gun? They are highly proven at this point and ride in the holsters of most police holsters. Even the US military has now embraced plastic handguns.

Now if it's personal preference, I totally get that. We like what we like, but if it's out of safety, reliability or durability concerns, the plastic carry guns are very proven.

Regards

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Getting back on track:
My dream fir a new Walther pistol would be one with the same frame/form factor as the CCP, but with the following characteristics:
a) Striker fired
b) DA/SA and decocker
c) Double stack magazine

Just like the P99 but with the CCP size and shape.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts