Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious,
I have used simple ear plugs for years because they were the only things that would work when I shot Cowboy Action...A Stetson doesn't work with eletronic muffs.

I recently switched to a pair of Remington Electronic muffs and am now looking at some Peltors Tact 7S....

So what do you use and why?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've got a pair of the Peltor Tactical 6.5 muffs and like them. I like having the ability to listen to conversations and the noise canceling when shooting. The price was reasonable and worth the investment. I have also started using them when mowing the yard and when around other high noise situations.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Peltor Tac 7 for 5 or 6 years. They make conversation easier to hear when guns are not going off.
Most importantly, it is a major part of my home defense kit. The few times I have heard something go bump in the night, I have put them on and listen in silence for 5 minutes or so. The amplification of the frequencies in the range of human speech can make it easy to hear very weak sounds and tell whether a problem is brewing or not.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I dont rememer the brand, but they're non-electronic earmuffs i bought at the gun shop. They fit soooo much better (and muffle sound better) than the freebies they'll give you to use if you dont have any of your own.

I also usually wear foam earplugs under the earmuffs.

thorn

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I have a set of non-electronic eaf muffs that seem to work pretty well and use either those or a pair of "ear puffs" which also seem to work okay.

At the shop we got in some electronic muffs that go for about $50, have always wanted a pair, but didn't want to pony up the $200 for them. I might give this "less expensive" type a try.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after using ear plugs for years, I can honestly say that the electronic ear muffs are the way to go. But I must make a clarification. I am using them when I shoot competition, so listening for RO commands or conversing with others "behind the line" is important. If I was just in the woods or on a range by myself then ear plugs would be just fine.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts