Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any good general use belt holsters out there that suit the P88 (are a good fit).
I have seen the cordura one by 'Uncle Mike' with the mag holder on the front and the simular one by 'Bagmaster', are these good quality? I like the idea of haveing the extra mag on the holster. Are cordura holsters O/K?

What holster do you P88 owners use?

cheers,

John H

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ceb289,
those Kramer holsters look very nice!

I will probably never really need to 'carry' but just in case and to go with my small P88 collection I found an original Walther P88 holster on Ebay last week being sold in Germany.
It only cost me $30 and will do the job if I ever need it.

Anyone seen this type before?

cheers,

-John H

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Yes I have...
just not that cheap......
Earl's has all the Walther holsters and there is the same one for sale on ebay as NIW for a P99

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You sure are fast on the draw uncut!

I think this Walther holster is original 1980s, and only for the P88, the Earl's ones can be used for a couple of types of Walthers.
There is a Walther holster around that fits the P88 and the P88 compact but I didn't like the bump in the leather for the compact's safety....... I'm a collector at heart and love to get originals!
(I'm still looking for 1980s tests and adds for the P88).

cheers,

John H

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I think Ear has stock photos on his site........
I ordered one for my P99c, that is marked also "Walther and P99C"......
I think his chart just shows what holster is available for each gun with one stock picture for the holster type.....

I could be wrong...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Uncut,

you may be correct; anyway, I'm happy with a $30 Walther factory holster.

I know that about 10,000 P88s were made, do you know how many P88 compacts were made and when production stopped?

cheers,

John H

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
No I don't.... and I think this is more complex as the P88 compact frame was also used for the P88 Champion and P88 Target..... I think,,, I am almost posetive....
and I am also not sure if that production has completely stoped......

The production of the P88 compact started in 1992... though the first P88 compact was shown on a gunshow in 1990

*edit... I think you did great on your holster....I would had taken it too for that $

1 - 8 of 8 Posts