Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PPQ's have 3 back straps....I realize if have huge hands would want large and if small hands, use the small. How about me with average size hands...I guess you would say medium, but I have gone back and forth, and not sure which is best between small and medium. Guess I am asking if the larger of the 2 grips is best if not too big to take my normal grip on the gun

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
here is a proven method I use to teach new shooters which I call “gun fitting”.

There is really no way to do this correctly unless you have proper hold.

So...do this.

- Pick up gun and hold with strong hand only.

- Put back of grip in web of hand as high on th grip as possible.

- extend arm straight out with locked elbows and wrists.

- put pad of trigger finger on trigger.

- then look down arm and the barrel shoikd be a straight line right down your arm to your shoulder. STRAIGHT ASS LINE!!!!

If the grip is too big, you will be having reach to far to hit the trigger properly and the gun will be twisted slightly to the right. If the grip is too small, you will be over reaching the grip and twisting slightly to the left. There will be no straight line.

The key with any grip....good trigger finger placement and a straight line with the barrel right up your arm.

You can place your weak hand on the grip and that should make ZERO difference.

The result will be minimal movement and recoil.

Pay NO attention to small, medium or large....focus on the right blackstrap that nets the right finger placement and straight line.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Btw, I would hazard to guess that most shooters use the medium or large grip. But based on my casual observations at the range, most shooters down know how to fit the gun properly and have poor holds. I scratch my head daily at the range 🙂

Then they want to know why I am hitting bulls at 25 yards and they can’t make a head shot at 15 ft 🙂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts