• PT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I use the 24/7 Big Dots because I am only interested in close combat use of the weapon.

I rarely do long range or target shooting with the Walther P-99, I will use my S&W Model 610 6" barrel 10mm revolver if I want to reach out and touch someone long distance.

JF.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Polls, polls, polls...trouble is you can only vote once...I have a brace of pistols that I still use the factory sights. These are my range and competetion guns. Three dots serve me well...
I also have a compact that I have a set of 24/7 Big Dots. This is my carry piece. I find that I have to practice more at long ranges with these but I am capable of hitting whatever target I need.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I like the factory sights for now. First, I plan to get my slide refinished, and one day, I might buy some night sights. I'm in no hurry.

As for my S&W99, I don't plan to do anything w/ that one. It's just a range gun and another gun that lays around the house in case something happened...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Factory sights currently, but do plan on updating to night sights before the gun gets used for EDC. Havent yet decided on Mep or the ones from Earl. Price wise Meps are probably the best bet, but Earl does offer a better contour by the looks of some of the pics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Meps. Because I'm used to the three-dot system. Reasonably fast, and accurate to longer ranges. I may switch over all my handguns from Trijicon to Meps. The Meps have a brighter white outline that shows up during the day better.

ciadst

·
Registered
30 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ciadst @ Dec. 05 2005,14:19)]Meps. Because I'm used to the three-dot system. Reasonably fast, and accurate to longer ranges. I may switch over all my handguns from Trijicon to Meps. The Meps have a brighter white outline that shows up during the day better.

ciadst
exactly, bright at night and clear white dots for daylight.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Factory. They haven't failed me, so why should I change.

I see little use for tritium sights. The only time they are really useful is during dawn and dusk hours, and that isn't long enough to warrent the high price of them to me. One can still see the front sight well enough at night when a good flashlight it used for long range shots. And if your shooting inside 7 yards, which most handgun situations occur in, you won't have time to look at your sights to line them up, you'd better be natural at it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I like the factory, but just put some Meps on and love them, better and bigger sight picture for my older eyes.  I shoot better at 25 yds with them because the sight picture is more defined, the rear notch is wider than factory.  And factory are plastic and could break, the meps are hardened steel.  The only downside to meps are that they are bigger and could snag easier.  I picked them up from a guy on ebay for $85 and they shipped straight from Isreal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know! I have thought the same thing! Israeli sights guiding a German weapon, there is something interesting there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have factory sights on my 2004 P99 Ti .40 S&W and Trijicon NS on my P99 Mil 9mm.

The decision to get NS on my Mil was an easy one: the seller had them on the gun when I purchased it off of him. I like those sights plenty.

Overall, I think Walther has great sights as is; they rear is nice and deep allowing lights of light around the front sight when you get a good sight picture. They are very easy to remove ta' boot.

The Trijicons are icing to the cake; they also allow for a great sight picture and then you get the tritium inserts.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
I put a HiViz fiver optic front sight on my P99AS. I just like the sight picture it gives me -- much better than the factory sight. Someday I may have to try out the 24/7 Big Dots, though...

Jim

·
Registered
33 Posts
I use Trijicons. I have always used Trijicons on my pistols, I guess I am just use to them. I still need a set for my P99c though.

Never tried Meprolights.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
factory sights......
though I am thinking to order one set of front/green rear/orange dot from Waltheramerica..... since they carry them now in their new line up......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't what I'd use if I had the money, but I don't so I use stock sights.

If I had the money I'd guess I'd have the tritium type with the X2 mini light laser combo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So far so good with just the factory sights. I've considered some of the fancy ones or even a laser for fun and giggles. This is my carry pistol though and don't really see a reason to have to have anything other than the open dot sights on it.

Very accurate that way

Jamey

1 - 20 of 24 Posts