Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd start my first post here with a Question and say Hi at the same time, I'm new to Walther's and thinking about getting a PP in 22lr is there anything I should watch out for or check when buying? What's should I expect to pay
for one in ex to like new cond? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Well, you can't wrong with a NIB or LNIB piece. They are still out there, but can be tough to find.

Usually the condition of the finish will tell you a lot about what the pistol has been through. Remember, since it's a rimfire, chances are the barrel is just fine unless the entire pistol was mistreated, and in that case, the outside finish will tell you that.

Keep an eye on GunsAmerica.com under the Walther section. I've seen a bunch of neat stuff there and have purchased several and have yet to be disappointed.

I paid around $600 for my LNIB PP .22, (1974 year of manufacture(. Great piece. I highly recommend the Pachmayr after-market grip set up for it, although getting it on can be a bear.

Also, while I've had good luck shooting Federal Target 40g standard velocity out of mine, my PPK in .22 (1964 year of manufacture) doesn't like it as it's too mild in the recoil department and doesn't move the slide back enough to consistently chamber the next round, so I need to feed it high velocity fodder.

Finally, if you do get one, I suggest giving Earl's a call (carlwalther.com) to send him your slide only so he can replace the firing pin spring and extractor spring in it and mail you back a new recoil spring for the receiver. Cheap insurance to keep the thing running like new.

HTH,
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jeff for the input, SOG has them for $499 EX to LNIB
how do tell what year it was made.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
That's a great price. Highly recommend you pick one up.

The year of manufacture is located on the barrel area on the right side of the pistol. Can't miss the two digit date there just next to the proof mark.

Regards,
Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts