Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the heavy stuff, I carry the Winchester 9mm 147 Talon round. In 40 I like the 180 Talons. Also, hows the P-99's holding up with +P+ ammo anyone have any data?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Venom600,

Have you noticed that the PMC has an unusual amount of muzzle flash?

The first time I fired a box of it I was at an indoor range and it caught me off guard. Not malfunctions though. Those loads reminded me of a frickin' 80's movie...

·
Registered
101 Posts
SweatyMex,
I HAVE noticed additional muzzle flash with the PMC ammo, even though I generally shoot outdoors. Also, the Win white box is usually pretty dirty, but both brands are cheap to shoot and have been reliable so far.

If I could find a 165g practice ammo that was as cheap as PMC and Win white box, I'd probably give it a good try. I know you can buy reloads relatively cheaply from several different vendors, but I've been trying to buy brand new ammo and saving the brass so that I can start loading my own.

--Ben

·
Registered
411 Posts
For business....... Speer 124gr. GDHP+p
For pleasure....... Winchester 115 fmj

·
Registered
101 Posts
SweatyMex,
Have you had a chance to shoot any of that Georgia Arms canned ammo yet? I want to buy 1000 rounds of it for range use. I wanted to make sure your P99 was eating it all OK.

Also, I went and bought a box of that UMC ammo at Walmart to test out. One of the rounds that came in the box had a deformed case. Luckily I noticed while I was loading up my mags, otherwise I'd have probably had my first ever P99 malfunction. I'll borrow my friends digital camera, take a pic of it and post it back here.

--Ben

·
Registered
82 Posts

Sort of off topic, but, I went to the range today on this rainy NE Sunday with a box of Remington 155 hollows that Customs Service carries, a box of Remington 180 hollows and a box of Winchester stx 180's, hoping to find which "groups" better.  My target was the FBI 50 footer placed at 20 yards.
 Now I'm new to the Walther, always was a Sig man,  but after only 500 rounds to date out of my P99 without a hitch, I've switched.  This Walther is amazing!!! I have Meps on the gun for sights.
 To my amazement, they all shot to about the same POA/POI, but the Winchester SXT's held the best pattern/group.
 I did find however, that the Rem. 150's have a noticably(sp) louder report and a much larger flash.

If I has able to indeed carry in NJ, it would be the STX's [ also read the previous Ballistic report]. Here is the resulting target.

Thanks for looking!!!
Chris~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.