Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere (I thought) that a Surefire X200 LED was compatible with a P99. When I contacted Surefire, they told me it wasn't. Aside from the very expensive Walther light, does anyone know of another one that will fit on a P99's rails?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What's "very expensive"? The Surefire light that is coming is probably not going to be much less than the Laser Devices Tactical light, which is about $150. Yes, the Surefire is reported to be a little smaller.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the very expensive model is the one available from walther's site for ~$400. $150 isn't very expensive at all, quite reasonable really.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I hear conflicting reports on the X200. Some say it will fit the P99, some won't. I wish someone could get a straight answer out of them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's the reply I received from Surefire last October via email:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Dear Sir,

You are in luck. We will be releasing the new X200 LED handgun light in late December. This light will fit to the existing rails of your Walther P99. Hang tight it's almost here. Thank you for supporting Surefire. If you have any further questions or comments do not hesitate to write, email, or call us. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.

Joe Sepulveda
Technical Support
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
714-545-9444
800-828-8809
SureFire, LLC
17680 Newhope Suite B
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Surefire customer service is taking orders now for the X200 at $250 but they are not available yet. Nobody will tell me when they will be available. They told me that if Joe Sepulveda says it will fit P99s then it will fit P99s. However, the lady I spoke to could not confirm this. She tried to hand me off to someone more technical but they were too busy and I didn't want to hold any longer. All she knew was that all rails are different on handguns - there is no standard.

I have a couple of Surefires (not weapons lights though) and I think highly of them. I'm sure the X200 won't disappoint.

- Ersin

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I contacted Surefire this week and received the following response from their customer service department:

Sir,
Currently nothing is made to attach to that particular weapon
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.

Tom Bassett
Technical Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 8:19 PM
To: helpyou
Subject: Re: X200 LED Inquiry

Thank you for your response. Is there any Surefire model which may be attached to a Walther P99?

·
Registered
25 Posts
kkramer673,

I think the operative word in your message is "currently". A rep from Surefire said that their upcoming X200 will fit the P99. Keep hoping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know if the P-99 tac rails are the same as the SW99?
If they are, Streamlight's M-5 light will work.
Has anyone tried?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to drag this out, but this is a response I received from customer service when I asked whether the M5 would attach properly to a Walther P99:

[/QUOTE]The M5 light is designed for the S&W 99, which is the same gun as the Walther P99.

Eddie Ellis

So has anyone out there actually used an M5 on their P99?

Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They are mistaken.  As was already stated, the SW99 uses a 1913 spec/Glock style rail whereas the P99 uses a proprietary rail.  Accessories made for one will not work on the other.  Period.  

Just look at them:

P99
----

SW99
------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts