Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just buy a Wahter P99 9mm, 2 16round mag, NIB, need wait 10 day for paper work, could you tell me what IWB holster are you use?  thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't use IWB. I got a Comp-Tac settable cant. Really nice holster for belt mount.

·
Registered
88 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (absoludely @ June 06 2005,9:37)]any pictures of that comp-tac?
CompTac website
I have a CompTac Ghurka for my P7M13 and it is quite nice, balanced, and comfortable esp. for the butt heavy m13. I prefer leather anyday but CompTac makes the best kydex rig, IMHO of course .

b-

·
Registered
310 Posts
+1 on the Comptac -- and the customer service. I ordered my holster on a Wednesday afternoon and it was in my mailbox on Friday! I have a couple of pics of it posted on my Walther page, here: http://users.adelphia.net/~navy87guy/waltherp99.html

Fit, retention and comfort are excellent. I'll be using it starting tomorrow for a 16-week IPSC course at my local gun shop. I can't wait!!

Jim

·
Registered
30 Posts
SmartCarry works great with almost any wardrobe, especially casual wear. Perfect for shorts, blue jeans, warm-ups, etc.
Had mine for almost a year and it gets about 95% of the concealed carry duties.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Milt Sparks. Good Leather.

·
Registered
37 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (r1blur @ June 08 2005,8:51)]SmartCarry works great with almost any wardrobe, especially casual wear. Perfect for shorts, blue jeans, warm-ups, etc.
Had mine for almost a year and it gets about 95% of the concealed carry duties.
Smartcarry was very uncomfortable in every type of pantwear I tried, hurt my pecker, and made it look like I had a gun in my pants (or I was happy to see someone).
Plus, I either had to unbuckle my belt and unbutton my pants to draw, or walk around all day with ghetto looking sagging pants.  I don't wear pants with an elastic wasteband very often, so I was stuck.

Waste of a lot of money from their overpriced shipping.

Comp-Tac IWB @ 4:00 from now on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased a Don Hume IWB because of the price with plans of upgrading when I got more money, but I found it to be very functional and comfortable that I haven’t even looked at anything else.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
That HBE holster is very similar to the tuckable one I use. Very concealable and relatively quick to access.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a Smartcarry, and I can see some drawbacks to it, but it works great. Maybe if one wears their pants too tight, it wouldn't work well, and it's only going to point at something it shouldn't if you're wearing it funny.

I put it on when I got it, and I was surprised how easily it concealed. I haven't had too much experience with comfort yet, but what I have tried was very comfortable.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Working on getting a RocketMan holster made. Unfortunatley, I'm having trouble turning up a blue gun or red gun in the 9mm variant of the P99. Found some .40 reds though. I bought a BB gun that claimes to be identical and will mic it to see, lets hope it works out.
http://www.rmholsters.com/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts