Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this in an estate collection. It looks like a PPK, feels like a PPK, but.....

When the trigger is pulled, the slide retracts and falls, exposing a blowback barrel while it does. The slide can be pulled back like the real thing. The magazine can be dropped by the mag release.

The tag on the gun simply said "Walter training gun". The left side is marked "German Polizei u. Dienst Automatisch, Pistole Kal 635-B1 Mod PDP". The right side is marked in very small letters "Japan"!!!!!

A toy, a model, a training gun? Curio, curiosity, collectible, or what? Any comments on real value?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Made by Replica Arms Company of Alexandria VA, from sometime in the 70-80's. It is a zinc reproduction of the PPK made in Japan.

Value..... $25 to $40 ???

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yes, I had one years ago in the early 70's. I was in my very early teens and wanted so much to shoot. My Dad was okay with it but my Mom put her foot down. So, I collected Replica Models instead. I had that Walther as well as a P-38, Mauser HSC, Broomhandle Mauser, 1911, S&W .357 Magnum 4inch and snub, and an MP40 Schmeisser. The MP40 rocked. Those guns weren't cheap and I cut a lot of lawns to get them.

On that PPK there is a bar attached to the trigger that draws the slide back which breaks and slams shut. The gun breaks down pretty much like the original. The P-38 also had the same operating slide system. Replica Models also made solid brass dummy bullets. I think the Mausers and PPK are packed away somewhere in my basement.

Q

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had one of these too. Got ripped off by a friend during a party. It was a lot of fun, even used it in some student films at the time.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, I had one years ago in the early 70's. I was in my very early teens and wanted so much to shoot. My Dad was okay with it but my Mom put her foot down. So, I collected Replica Models instead. I had that Walther as well as a P-38, Mauser HSC, Broomhandle Mauser, 1911, S&W .357 Magnum 4inch and snub, and an MP40 Schmeisser. The MP40 rocked. Those guns weren't cheap and I cut a lot of lawns to get them.

On that PPK there is a bar attached to the trigger that draws the slide back which breaks and slams shut. The gun breaks down pretty much like the original. The P-38 also had the same operating slide system. Replica Models also made solid brass dummy bullets. I think the Mausers and PPK are packed away somewhere in my basement.

Q
I have a P38 made by Nakata. Late '60s I think. Pulling the trigger did not operate the slide, though. You had to rack it by hand. I believe they made a replica of the Man From Uncle gun, though from what I saw in another thread, it didn't have the correct shortened barrel. It was standard length when you unscrewed the barrel extension. Were these two different makers of replicas?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have a P38 made by Nakata. Late '60s I think. Pulling the trigger did not operate the slide, though. You had to rack it by hand. I believe they made a replica of the Man From Uncle gun, though from what I saw in another thread, it didn't have the correct shortened barrel. It was standard length when you unscrewed the barrel extension. Were these two different makers of replicas?
I recall two companies selling replicas. I'm not quite sure whether they were two manufactuers or the same one. The one other than Replica Models (I forget the name) had some really exotic stuff like long barreled luger carbines with wood foregrips and stocks. I never saw any of these other ones in person. I was lucky to have a hobby shop that carried the full line of Replica Models within bike riding distance of my home. I well remember riding home the six miles on my Lemon Peeler with my P38 in its box tucked under my arm.

Q

·
Registered
529 Posts
I also had one of these in the early 70s. It was a pretty realistic rendering of a PPK.

I have to say I was dismayed with the phony party leader swastika grips it came with.
I love German made semi auto pistols, but I have always hated Nazis, their party symbols and what they stood for. I don't collect the Nazi WWII items solely for this reason, although I am sure that most of the WWII nazi collectors we encounter do not endorse the Nazi policies.
All my German guns are post WWII.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I'd also note that although the PPK with the party grips was a pretty common Replica Model there may be some collector's value, although I'd keep it. I was thinking eBay might offer some guidance on that, but I doubt they allow the sales. I know that your PPK is from after the mid 70's as they didn't add that federal orange barrel plug until later. I'd guess some time in the late 70's or 80's. Prior to that there was a rib that ran down the inside of the barrel that wasn't very visible unless you looked down the barrel.

BTW, I had an 8 inch artillery model Luger that was quite good. I was just looking at a real one recently and from what I recall Replica Models got the distinctive finish just about right.

Q

1 - 10 of 10 Posts