Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dural Frame 1945 PPK with just an Eagle N?

So, I've done my best digging around on this forum and elsewhere to get an idea what the eagle N mark looks like, and I can't tell if that's what I have for sure, so I'm just going to go ahead and ask you guys, since you've seen so many PPK's.

Serial numbers put it in 1945 I think.

this place (Pistolen der deutschen Wehrmacht) seems to point to it being a 5th RSHA-Variation from the Finish Military.

serial number on the slide looks partially hand done.

No frame mark on the left side of any kind and the magazine has no serial number (so I assume it's just an after market one that replaced the lost original ones). and the black original grips were all torn up and peeling off the pistol, so I replaced them with the wood for comfort.

I just can't tell for sure if that's an eagle N, or just a bad attempt at one, making it some sort of bootleg knock off?

[edit] so apparently, it's also a dural frame, which just makes things more confusing to me. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA. Yup, it's dural; frame is completely uninterested in magnets. So weird. Now I'm almost more lost. LOL

The Dural stuff I saw said it was used starting in 44 from back stock in germany. So if the serial number puts it in 45, I can't imagine it would be Finnish, since they were "out" of WWII by 44 (says some quick googling), but it also doesn't have ANY proofs or marks on it besides the two "psudo" eagle N marks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts