Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see this letter “A” on the front of most of my Walther branded mags for my PPK and PPK/S pistols. I’ve never really given it much thought, but suddenly, I want to know. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Letter A.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I just looked through some of mine and the only ones that have the "-A-" stamp are the Mec-Gar branded ones. My guess is that it's an internal factory code denoting a manufacturing or design change.

If nobody comes up with a better explanation I'll email Mec-Gar next week and ask them. Maybe they'll respond.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The few Mec-Gars I have do not have the "A" stamp; only the Walther banner ones.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mec-Gar has history of making mags for Walther...

Many of my Walther branded mags bear the -A-. Some of the ones that don’t bear the -A- are either aftermarket mags or are simply mags made by Walther before their chosen manufacturer started marking the mags as such.

None of the mags that came with my German/French Walthers bear the -A-. 90% of the Walther mags for my Ranger PPk are marked with the -A-.

Note: I recently acquired some new Walther mags for a W. German gun. The mags are marked with the -A- and are noticeably ‘flimsier’ than the original mags that arrived with the gun. It kinda pisses me off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts