Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was in the gunshop the other day when I noticed they had a P99 in .40 for $400!

It was in near mint conditon though it was used. I could not tell where the gun was made but I know it was not German. The right of the slide had no markings and the left was stamped. Does anyone know where this P00 was made? What is the link to the FAQ which tells you?

What are the all black non German guns worth? What is so undesirable about a P99 not being all German?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I could not tell where the gun was made but I know it was not German. The right of the slide had no markings and the left was stamped.
How do you know it wasn't made in Germany? Just because it doesn't have import markings on the right side of the slide doesn't mean it's not 100% German. It could be an Earl's Import. Look on the hood of the barrel and see if it has "Earl's Repair Service" stamped on it.

Does it have the German Proof Marks on the right side of the slide?

Check out the P99 FAQ here:
http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99.html
or here:
http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/index.html

If it's a S&W Made P99 .40 it WILL have import markings on the side, probably "Walther USA, Springfield,MA".

Sounds like a good catch. If you don't want it, let me know.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
8 Posts
$400 seems really cheap..................especially from a gun shop

.........guns are always more desireable made in the motherland than in the states......this hold true for berettas and sigs a well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The gun at the store looks like the one above, no markings....Is this bad? Does this mean it was a Euro gun? Euro guns good or bad?

Is $400 really cheap even if its made by Smith and Wesson instead of Germany?  (No proof marks)  Where can I buy cheap factory .4 P99 mags?  Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The important markings are at the REAR of the right side of the slide. Look for these markings: http://www.gunfaqs.org/IX/5.html

If it has those markings, buy it, it's a bargain. If you don't want it, let me know the phone number for the gun shop.

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude....how many times do I have to tell oyu that it doesn't have those german markings? How much is it worth without it being German is the bloody question I have been trying to ask for all this time!~~~

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If it doesn't have any markings - I mean ANY Markings whatsoever including caliber, it's a one-of-a-kind, so it's priceless

Seriously, I've never heard of a P99 without ANY markings whatsoever. Every one of the S&W clone P99 .40s had LASERED markings - not roll stamped like you say. So yours IS A GERMAN P99 if you ask me.

It's worth whatever someone will give you for it.... I would give $425 tops for it.

James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts