Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kinda oil everyone uses out there for the exterior of the slide,, i tried some new Rem oil with teflon today and tested it 1st in one small spot on the exterior of the slide. It seemed to discolor or stain the finish for some reason. your advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Any oil is going to make the slide look darker, it will eventually evaporate and rub off and be back to its normal color. Put whatever you have handy on it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There's a new oil out called Weapon Shield that has received good reviews. The owner was sending out free samples to people of The Firing Line. I don't have enough experience with weapons cleaning materials to provide a review. But I've been using it and it seems to work well. The offer is still available.

Weapon Shield offer

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
There's a new oil out called Weapon Shield that has received good reviews. The owner was sending out free samples to people of The Firing Line. I don't have enough experience with weapons cleaning materials to provide a review. But I've been using it and it seems to work well. The offer is still available.

Weapon Shield offer
Yes, the Weapon Shield seems to be good stuff. I haven't used it extensively yet, but so far it seems to really work well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Corrosion X is an excellent oil

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I use just the regular Remington Oil, it is clear and light and doesn't discolor as some of the oil/cleaner oils do. I use it on my Glock and P99 and it gives it a dark rich luster. I oil patch it on, then wipe the excess off with a clean cloth everytime I clean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I personally like the Lucas Oil gun oil and the Zep Products 45 as a light oil that also cleans.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just wondering what kinda oil everyone uses out there for the exterior of the slide,, i tried some new Rem oil with teflon today and tested it 1st in one small spot on the exterior of the slide. It seemed to discolor or stain the finish for some reason. your advice would be greatly appreciated!
Blech. I really don't like any of the oils with teflon, at least not for any exterior parts. They make things slippery (yeah, I know oil is supposed to do that) and the slickness doesn't wear off very fast. I feel like the gun is going to slip out of my hands when I use that stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts