Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
several of the sites I read have upgraded their web software. They all use the same vendor. They all look the same and I think the new look sux on all of them.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
Try this. Click on 'NEW'.

Then, click the little triangle on 'Filters'.

Then uncheck all boxes. Then click/check the square by 'Save as default'. Then click the blue 'Filter' button.

With that, you'll have a setup that pretty much resembles the old system. When you click on 'New' you'll be presented with a listing of all newly created threads....most recent at the top. And when you've read one, the title will be 'dimmed' so you can quickly tell which threads you've already read.

Don't fight it, just try to learn how to use it. Yeah, I don't like change either. But if there was ever anything that was a sure bet, it'd be that things are gonna change....nothing stays the same for ever.

·
Registered
292 Posts
All sites run by Vertical Scope are transitioning to this format.

I've used it in other forums for about a month or so, but it's not my favorite.

I also click on the "New" blurb in the upper right to get the latest posts. Clicking on your initial at the top right, when it has a red dot, shows you new posts or comments/likes in posts you have contributed to.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Try this. Click on 'NEW'.

View attachment 92077

Then, click the little triangle on 'Filters'.
View attachment 92078

Then uncheck all boxes. Then click/check the square by 'Save as default'. Then click/check the blue 'Filter' button.

With that, you'll have a setup that pretty much resembles the old system. When you click on 'New' you'll be presented with a listing of all newly created threads....most recent at the top. And when you've read one, the title will be 'dimmed' so you can quickly tell which threads you've already read.

View attachment 92079

Don't fight it, just try to learn how to use it. Yeah, I don't like change either. But if there was ever anything that was a sure bet, it'd be that things are gonna change....nothing stays the same for ever.
That should be the default. Make the default as familiar as possible. Ease the transition. Let those who are inclined take advantage of the new features and flexibility.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This is no longer a site I regularly visit. I'm a 'classics Walther' guy and WWII firearms collector/shooter. So I go to the 'other' Walther forum and Luger Forum. It also shows the pictures easier.

·
Registered
163 Posts
<Welcome to the P38 Web Site....> has a lot of reference material, pictures, and focus on WWII. Also the standard blog design - no surprises or new and improved just tried and true. Actually I do like your photo album style after looking at this site more. But I'm really just interested in the wartime stuff, none of the modern PLASTIC Walthers in the trend that Glock started. I much prefer steel over even aluminum or 'duraluminum' or is that 'der aluminum'. You even have a Colt Gold Cup atop your forum - is that a Walther or just editor's preference?

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
<Welcome to the P38 Web Site....> has a lot of reference material, pictures, and focus on WWII. Also the standard blog design - no surprises or new and improved just tried and true. Actually I do like your photo album style after looking at this site more. But I'm really just interested in the wartime stuff, none of the modern PLASTIC Walthers in the trend that Glock started. I much prefer steel over even aluminum or 'duraluminum' or is that 'der aluminum'. You even have a Colt Gold Cup atop your forum - is that a Walther or just editor's preference?
We were told it's supposed to be an Umarex .22lr based on the Colt. I think Umarex made those for Colt at one time.

It does seem an odd choice for inclusion but I guess it does represent an obscure bit of Umarex history.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
We were told it's supposed to be an Umarex .22lr based on the Colt. I think Umarex made those for Colt at one time.

It does seem an odd choice for inclusion but I guess it does represent an obscure bit of Umarex history.
Yes, it's a replica model in .22lr by Walther/Umarex, probably the admin's favourite toy.

Umarex Colt Gold Cup.JPG

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Umarex...How far we've fallen. :(

Reactions: Jimmo952
1 - 14 of 14 Posts