Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I've been wondering this too. I ordered a Serpa holster but not for ccw. More for just range duty I guess. May get a pancake holster and just wear it under my coat (it goes halfway to my knees) in the winter.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use Alessi Talon Plus for my P99c

As the title says, I have two Alessi Talon Plus holsters. One for my P99c and one for my Glock (G30).

They both work well. The P99c is a little smaller and as such, conceals just a bit better. The biggest negative with iwb at 12:30/13:00 is drawing from a sitting position. And forget about drawing with a seat belt on.... stil trying to find a workable solution for in the car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I definitely recommend one of the hybrid leather / kydex holsters. They look ugly......until you use one. Then you'll never go back.

·
Registered
637 Posts
IOF,

I like the way your kydex is cut at the trigger guard. I have an email into WhiteHatHolsters because when I take my initial grip, the kydex pinches my middle finger. It doesn't do this on my Beretta PX4 kydex, just the P99 one. It is VERY important to get a good initial grip on the gun before drawing.

You made that holster yourself, did you not? I may end up trying to modify mine if WHH doesn't have a ready solution.

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
IOF,

You made that holster yourself, did you not?
Yep, those are home made. I wanted the kydex to cover the entire pistol, cuz I carry pretty deep....the rear sight is just barely above the belt line, and I didn't want the pants/belt rubbing on the side of the frame...also didn't want any snags. So, full coverage.....also protects the rear sight, which can sometimes get bumped into door jams, counter tops, etc.

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Would it be possible to send a holster for my P99c with TLR-4 in Slovakia?Thank you for answering.

DSCF0147
I don't see why not, if you find the holster you like with a TLR-4 mount for the weapon...

The shipping and handling might be a bit more though.
If the holster maker can't (or won't) ship over seas, I'll bet you can find a forum member over here who could take the time so send it too you....

It is just a matter of the customs forms and such.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have a TaguaLeather holster for my P99. Its a hard pre-formed holster. Works wonders. Just take a minute and sand or buff the edge of the clip before use. Sheet metal is sharp, and might tear up your shirts right neat the edge of the clip if you don't take that precaution.

Usually buy from the holster store The Holster Store - Gun Holsters

Try them, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Welp I ordered the theis ez holster he said he has been wearing them more than the iwb holsters and cant tell a difference between the two. I also ordered the Vega ib339 from the James bond movies lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use the wilderness tactical 5 stitch frequent flyer model.
Well worth the $30.00 ish dollars spent.
One thing of note I learned the hard way most jeans and cargo khakis use 1.5 inch belt loops, 1.25 inch belt is a bit narrow.

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Welp I ordered the theis ez holster he said he has been wearing them more than the iwb holsters and cant tell a difference between the two. I also ordered the Vega ib339 from the James bond movies lol
Chattzx,
Let us know how you like the EZ, I'm sure many of us Theis fans will be interested! And if you don't like it I bet half the folks here will buy it from you!!!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
IOF,

I like the way your kydex is cut at the trigger guard. I have an email into WhiteHatHolsters because when I take my initial grip, the kydex pinches my middle finger. It doesn't do this on my Beretta PX4 kydex, just the P99 one. It is VERY important to get a good initial grip on the gun before drawing.
I'm replying to my own post, but wanted to say that White Hat Holster emailed me back to say they are sending me a new kydex piece with an adjusted cut and wanted to thank for me for bringing it to their attention. That is fabulous customer service considering I bought this holster from them 18 months ago.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I use a Kramer vertical scabbard, have a Don Hume JIT slide that I use occasionally, and my daughter used a BladeTech paddle style holster.

·
Banned
1,763 Posts
For shoulder carry in winter or on motorcycle I use a Mitch Rosen rig, I have a couple of hybrid IWB but I tend toward the PJ Holsters kydex for IWB and for OWB I have many I like depending on if I am carrying a compact or full size and what I am doing.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Is the theis belt worth the 70 bucks or what do you guys use?
Saddleback Leather Tow Belt here. 3 layers of thick, stiff leather, 100 year warranty, very happy with the purchase (been wearing it for ~1 year now both carrying a pistol and not).

As for a holster, my P99c rides in a Crossbreed Supertuck, though if I was to do it again, I'd probably go for the Theis, simply because he's a forum supporter *and* his holsters are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^^^Man, that reminded me of my younger days, when I had to have a "Man from U.N.C.L.E." gun, and ended up with one of those solid aluminum P38's mocked up as one, and trimmed down a surplus German flap holster with leather shoulder straps to make suitable shoulder rig. I think we forget sometimes how practical we can be by using old holsters to make new ones.

21 - 40 of 350 Posts