Walther Forums banner

341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I carry my PPS M2 in a Gypsy EDC ‘Bones’ Holster. It is the only holster I liked enough o write a review of on the companies website. This is what I wrote:

The Bones Holster is an exceptionally well designed, well built, and functional holster. The wrap around Kydex construction increases strength and eliminates the extra width of layered holsters to accommodate rivets. The combat cut above the trigger guard allows an excellent grip on the gun while drawing and presenting. The speed cut provides forward projection of the pistol before the slide fully clears the holster. The reduced width makes it very comfortable to wear IWB. The belt clasp fastens well but is half the width of most belt clasps and holds securely. All in all it is the best IWB Holster I have ever owned.
Gypsy EDC

Photos of holster and concealment her: https://postimg.cc/gallery/2vllz4rym/

·
Registered
54 Posts
Waiting on the gun to arrive at the store.

My Sig P228 and CZ 'PCR' are only carried in an IWB Remora, the classic model with No clip.
You can jog on dirt trains and it is very secure. The waist belt is tightened a bit, but still comfortable.

For a Walther P99 AS, maybe the same Remora :cool:--used for the P228--will work fine?:confused:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I've been using a Black Arch holster for my PPS for several years. Its been my favorite, hands down, hybrid holster. Black Arch had a Black Friday sale and I took a look after a long time and saw that they now offer holsters for the P99! Took advantage of the discount and ordered one like my PPS holster and it arrived today. Not a bad turn-around time for a customized holster.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Bladetech holster for a Canik tp9SF that has the drop down piece added to it. The p99 is the same fit in that holster. Ordered a Vedder Light tuck in urban gray for conceal carry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just today tried fitting my P99C into a N82 Tactical IWB Professional holster, designed for my Smith and Wesson M&P 9 Pro Series 4.25" barrelled handgun. To my surprise, it fits well, and the hold and release of the firearm is identical to the function using the M&P. I really like the N82 holsters- very comfortable and concealable, especially in warm weather where no contact with skin is essential.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only use Dara custom kydex for my P99AS 9mm and PPQ 9mm, along with Glock 19 and 43. Won’t buy any other brand after several fails.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a Clinger No Print IWB and Vedder Lightdraw OWB. They were actually for my PPQ M1 but I sold it and (probably regrettably) my P99cAS, and just received my full ambidextrous controls full-size P99 AS from Earl. I LOVE it and it fits the PPQ holsters perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been carrying in an Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0 that fits either my P99 or my P99c... They don't have an option for P99c on their website. I also have a Cardini Leather Tuckable (IWB) Leather Holster(single clip) that will fit either also, but you can see that it wasn't molded from a P99 blue gun. The trigger guard isn't even close to the shape or position of the P99's. It does work, but it's not the "glove fit" of the Alien.
Which gen of p99 do you have?, the alien holster looks to be available only for gen 2 (SW99).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Artyldr01: I like the configuration of your Clinger. DO you feel it is secure enough on the belt with the flippy keepers? It might be easier to get on and off also. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Artyldr01: I like the configuration of your Clinger. DO you feel it is secure enough on the belt with the flippy keepers? It might be easier to get on and off also. Thank you.
It is very secure, and yes it isn't terribly challenging to get off and on, not as easy say as a single clip type holster but I think it is a good balance of security, concealment, comfort and flexibility.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Remora IWB--the basic original type which has No Clip. A newer variation has a single clip.

The grip of my P99, CZ PCR and Sig P6 are Always in contact with my hip. Does Your grip always do so?

And the Remora's angle is so easy to adjust, yet it still remains in a firm position.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take a look at TT Gun Leather. Awesome OWB and IWB for 99 and 99C. As good or better than Milt Sparks — and much faster service.

341 - 356 of 356 Posts