Walther Forums banner

321 - 340 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's definitely an option if that's what someone wants. Like I said, I was just listing what I know to be the sources for all-kydex AIWB holsters. And it's not unreasonable for someone to get frustrated with the options out there for the gun- many of the best and most recommended kydex shops don't carry molds for it (exe. JM, Keepers, KSG), which is just one of the compromises that comes with picking a more obscure pistol.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
I just don't see the P99 as being an obscure pistol.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I carry in light and obscurity

My p99asc rides owb in a Garrett holster. Expensive, but nothing compares to the soft leather inside the holster, day and night.:D

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
10-8 makes sights for the PPQ, which also fit the p99 and PPS.
I'm not sure what this has to do with holsters unless it makes the weapon more difficult to holster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My P99 sometimes rides in a High Noon Split Image and sometimes in a Galco Miami Classic, depending on weather.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
I'll be honest I'm not a fan of the "one size fits all" type holsters for a weapon, especially if this is your EDC or CCW.

Your weapon is life support and you don't skimp on life support. You should look at your your holster and belts the same way. They need to offer you a safe, secure carry no matter what position you (or they) are in and they must offer a repeatable drawstroke and safe re-holstering.

A "one size fits all" holster seldom manages to meet these criteria. You pay good money for a great weapon, why go cheap on the holster. I'm not saying the "Versacarry" is a bad holster but I'd do a lot of stress testing under adverse conditions before I'd be ready to use it for a CCW or EDC.

Let us know how you like it down the road Linus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the input, olsoul.

I am finding with the Versacarry is that they need some breaking in and conditioning, as they are stiff buffalo leather. They seem slightly better for OWB, once they have formed to the gun. Holstered IWB is fine - again once it has molded to gun and body - and is comfortable. the only issue might be reholstering when it is still new and stiff/flat.

I guess I'm looking for the holster "unicorn"?? Molded leather that is still comfy IWB without going flat, but can be adjusted for OWB, and is under $75.

Have an AlienGear kydex for OWB with a large paddle and adjustable cant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an early Fobus and a Bladetech. The Fobus leaves marks on either side of the front of the trigger guard. The Bladetech is much nicer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have been carrying in an Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0 that fits either my P99 or my P99c... They don't have an option for P99c on their website. I also have a Cardini Leather Tuckable (IWB) Leather Holster(single clip) that will fit either also, but you can see that it wasn't molded from a P99 blue gun. The trigger guard isn't even close to the shape or position of the P99's. It does work, but it's not the "glove fit" of the Alien.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I EDC my P99c in a Clinger No Print Wonder, which I HIGHLY recommend.
But I needed an OWB for an upcoming class and was having a hard time finding something suitable.
I remembered that Masc makes a lot of holsters for "oddball" guns (they're in Turkey so "mainstream" is different there vs here). I found them when I was looking for a holster for my big SAR K245 (they make em) but never bought. Like most things Turkish, they're big on quality but not much for innovation... on Masc's site you'll recognize designs from Rosen, Sparks, Zoglojne, Galco, Wild Bill's, etc. I decided to take the chance and it paid off. This belt-slide and double mag holder are fantastic... quality is first rate and on par with the above mentioned names, mentioned by me only because I happen to have examples on hand.
Call it a knockoff or a clone, whatever... it IS a copy. But a VERY well-made copy at a fraction of the cost.
I'll buy big-name American-made stuff when feasible, but when it's not (my last Milt Sparks holster took almost 6 mos earlier this year... ordered in Dec, delivered in late May. Also, typically fantastic), a well-made and quickly delivered copy will work too.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
My p99asc rides owb in a Garrett holster. Expensive, but nothing compares to the soft leather inside the holster, day and night.:D
I've had an IWB Garrett for my Sig938 for years and its likely the best holster I have for any of my guns. The sturdiness, leather lined, and the clip design sets it apart, plus its very low profile for a full featured IWB as well. I looked at their OWB options for my new P99c AS and hope you can tell me how low profile aka how well does it hug your waist and conceal under a shirt? Their site says the newer STX 2.0 is their most concealable holster. Not sure if thats the one you have or not. I prefer to not IWB on a double stack pistol. However do I have a G19 with a Raven "trigger guard and belt loop holster" that's the cats azz and conceals great for me. Can't recall the name but its a minimalist design and genuine Raven product. Please bounce-in and reply on how concealable your Garrett OWB is. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Not sure if it’s been answered in this thread yet, but I thought I’d chime in.

I’m building a battle belt, and wanted to use my P99 with TLR-1HL attached, and was having a hard time finding a suitable OWB holster with more than simple friction retention.

I tried the Safariland ALS 6390 (mid-drop) model for the PPQ 4” with TLR-1HL and it works perfectly - Safariland part 6390-3842-131.

According to Safariland, it’ll also work for you X300 guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just got a couple of 5" PPQ appendix holsters in from JMCK. Between these and my wife's PPQ OWB from JM, I can say that in my experience so far, JMCK PPQ holsters fit a P99. Which is perfect for me, since their holster designs are my favorite for AIWB by far. I won't vouch for other shops' PPQ holsters working as well, and anyone who goes this route should make sure their holster and gun fit properly. Mine, at least, have a very positive "click" in, more than adequate retention, and no play or slop at all while the gun is seated in the holster. Hope this helps others looking for a properly-designed AIWB holster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had a Don Hume JIT slide for quite a while for my P99c and it has worked well, but did not hold the gun as close to my body as I would like. So, I recently purchased another Winthrop OWB pancake holster (my 4th holster purchase from Winthrop). Love it!

Winthrop doesn't show the P99c as a gun they support, but the P99c fits perfectly in the Winthrop OWB leather pancake holster for the PPQsc!*

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am an ol school leather person-I love beautiful worked leather and i love the bianchi 1911 and or the M29 type shoulder rigs from the ol miami vice days.You just cant give it up --I also have a few Mitch Rosen ARG's and i have one with a button on the belt loop to remove easy before i go into federal buildings etc where i dont carry.The ARG and Mitches work is 100% perfect.I have a HK compact in 40 that goes into the lined one and its fast -faster then any kydex and it dont hurt the gun..The express line that is not lined is even faster and its less expensive.It may wear the weapon a little depending on your amount of play.But they are pricey but you get what you pay for and with a lifetime warranty from someone who is going no where soon its a good deal.And they will work with you -they did wonders for me.

321 - 340 of 356 Posts