Walther Forums banner

301 - 320 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
The only P99 they (Alien) support is the P99 Gen 2 (SW99). I Googled this weapon and it looks different than the gen 3 P99AS.

I ended up purchasing a LightTuck Kydex IWB from Vedder Holsters. I hope it's good. :)
That just them not knowing the difference. The current P99 frame style is still "gen 2". the SW99 was a clone made partially by Smith & Wesson for a short amount of time. The only real difference for holsters on the P99 is if you have a true Gen 1 with no pic rail. If you have one with a rail, their holster will work. If you have one without the pic rail, their holster will work with some time and a hair dryer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just ordered a Spektre holster from High Threat Concealment for my P99c. It's mainly geared towards AIWB but will work for strong side IWB as well. I may post a thread about it after I get it and use it for a while. Good price, and a great find given the relatively few kydex shops supporting the P99 series.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For 2 years now I have been using a KSG "sidekick" from KSG Armory.
KSG Armory
It's a super thin AIWB, adaptable to go from 1 clip to 2, with a Raven wing to tuck the butt of the 99 to the body, as well as a Raven wedge to tip the rear sight to the body.
These options allow you to completely hide a full size weapon AIWB, even tucked if you prefer. I found that for my use, the Raven hard wedge was not comfortable, so I went to a mold-able wedge from Mastermind Tactics;
Almost perfection, and all day [10 hours+] comfort without a hot-spot.
I have come to prefer to use two overhooks the best due to the fact that it makes the holster "unmovable"...rock solid on the belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
KSG Armory
It's a super thin AIWB, adaptable to go from 1 clip to 2, with a Raven wing to tuck the butt of the 99 to the body, as well as a Raven wedge to tip the rear sight to the body.
These options allow you to completely hide a full size weapon AIWB, even tucked if you prefer. I found that for my use, the Raven hard wedge was not comfortable, so I went to a mold-able wedge from Mastermind Tactics;
Almost perfection, and all day [10 hours+] comfort without a hot-spot.
I have come to prefer to use two overhooks the best due to the fact that it makes the holster "unmovable"...rock solid on the belt.
I also like two clips and find the solos just shift too much. The Mastermind Tactics wedge, is it an add on that can be used with any holster?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Walther P 99 Holster. :)

:)Hey Guys.....I got lucky and went ahead and purchased my September Birthday present Tuesday. :) started looking for holsters on line...found one on site called Optics Planet...they sell name brand holsters but at a discount....found a Brown Leather Basket Weave for $45.99......and just took another leap and paid extra for FEDEX shipping....The Holster looks Fantastic and they offer Free Returns if for any reason you are dissatisfied.......also I paid with PayPal and they offer Purchaser protection ...so should be no worry.........I Love the Walther P99 as ........I had been carrying a Walther P4.....as soon as I can figure out how much resale on that is......hope to pay off the P99.....at least thats the story I gave the Wife.. :) "Oh Honey....I will probably get money back"....Im sure you guys have run that line by your Wives a number of times.........anyway.....I Really enjoy this Forum...............Hans Fischer........Sunny Hills of Tennessee:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I originally got an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 a couple of years ago and had some issues with them breaking due to me wearing in the 3 o'clock position. As true to their warranty, they replaced them each time and then eventually offered me a leather backing which I accepted. I would still be using them but I got a streamlight and they didn't, and as far as I know, still don't, make a shell for the P99 with that light.

Due to a suggestion on here, I went with Theis (I forgot how it is spelled) and other than swapping the belt clips from my Alien Gear over, have loved it.

The issue I have right now is I am looking for a good shoulder holster for my P99, preferably that will support the light, but not necessary, as I intend to start riding a motorcycle soon and don't want my gun on my hip where it could potentially fracture my hip bone in an accident, but all the suggestions I have seen for it have gotten me either crap, or outrageously over priced results.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have been much impressed by Ryan Grizzle's "Town and Country" model, used for both my P99 and P99C. One of the more comfortable holsters I have experienced, and there haven't been many.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Those are excellent holsters, but at the moment it seems Gabe doesn't make holsters for the P99 full size. After striking out with both KSG and JM, I found T5 Custom Kydex. They make an IWB holster that can be configured like Gabe's Ares holster or the JM Wingclaw 2.5. I just got mine and it's working perfectly for me- I'd suggest anyone who wants an appendix holster for the full size P99 AS look there (they also make one with an attached mag caddy). As far as I've been able to find, your options are that, the INCOG, Custom Carry Concepts, and Fricke. Options open up if you're looking for the compact, but apparently molds for the full size are hard to come by.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
We have open carry in Texas. I still have not done it - but now I no longer worry about printing. If someone sees the bulge, who cares.

So, I now use an OWB paddle holster - I have hip and back problems - some paddle holsters hurt my side, and some do not. While they are inexpensive, the Fobus paddle holsters feel fine to me.

I actually have an HK P30 model I use for my Hk P2000. Well, the P99 fits in it perfectly. So, I did not have to buy a new holster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Options open up if you're looking for the compact, but apparently molds for the full size are hard to come by.
I'm kind of surprised at that. Blue guns for P99 are readily available. Why not start with that? Unless there's just not enough perceived demand.

I have OWB holsters for my 1st gen P99. One is a Fobus paddle, which is really really hard to draw from. The other is a fairly generic belt slide trapezoid. I'd like to find some kind of IWB, preferably appendix. But I keep seeing holsters listed only for P99c, PPQ, and other variants. Not sure which if any are compatible.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Been shopping intently for a new holster for my $339 P99c AS 9mm. I've also noticed there's many more options for the compact P99 than the full size. Finally decided to try my luck with a Vedder Light Tuck IWB. Its the IWB model with a single "metal" clip and I opted to add a "Claw" attachment for more concealment. Seems the thin metal clip would be less bulky than additional layers of plastic/kydex and a clip in the same material.

If I had any feedback for Vedder at this point, I'd mention the name of their holster "Vedder Light Tuck" seems to imply the holster is made for a handgun with a light. I'll post some pics after receiving it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm kind of surprised at that. Blue guns for P99 are readily available.
The other is a fairly generic belt slide trapezoid. I'd like to find some kind of IWB, preferably appendix. But I keep seeing holsters listed only for P99c, PPQ, and other variants. Not sure which if any are compatible.
Blue guns and mold guns are different, at least a few makers only work with mold guns. Main difference I can tell is they have the sight channel rib on them, so you don't have to mess with attaching a dowel to a blue gun. This is as far as my holster-making knowledge goes.

I've seen reports in another thread that PPQ kydex holsters accept P99s but I can't confirm that- I will be testing it when a JMCK OWB for my wife's PPQ arrives. A P99C holster will not work for the full size, though vice versa works. As far as I know, the shops I mentioned above are your only options for a full size P99AS AIWB holster (T5 Custom Kydex, Dale Fricke, Custom Carry Concepts, GCode INCOG). If anyone has other suggestions I'd love to know of them for future orders.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
I'm not sure where you folks are looking but there are plenty of great holsters for the P99 out there. A number by our own Forums sponsors like Tommy Theis.

Galco (even their shoulder rig is in stock right now!) and the Fletch High Ride, DeSantis also makes great rigs, Craft Holsters as well. We haven't even touched upon the custom leatherworks shops like Wright Leatherworks.

If you can't find the P99 holster you want you just aren't looking very hard. Sorry to seem rough here but these are easy net searches and even easier here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Olsoul, you're correct that there are other holster makers than the ones I mentioned producing P99 holsters. What I meant was that, as far as I know, those are the only shops making all-kydex appendix IWB-compatible holsters for it.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
In that case I'd suggest looking at Garrett....Kydex with a leather interior....you won't find better! See how easy this is??? :)

301 - 320 of 356 Posts