Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says what is the best holster for edc for inside the waist belt? I have heard thesis is a good brand.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
And you heard correctly Chattzx....I EDC my Navy Q at least 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week in a Theis IWB...it is comfortable and secure. It allows a consistent draw stroke and is easy to holster too. I even run 4.5 miles every day in the Florida weather wearing his rigs!

Tommy is a one man shop and he goes out of his way to make sure you are satisfied. He is also a forum supporter .....

I'd consider the horsehide as it is more resistant to sweat...

http://theisholsters.com/

I haven't tried Tommy's EZ Hide yet but think that will be my next order....

What is the best, is for you to determine but Tommy is a good starting point. BTW a quality holster needs a quality belt to carry it.

Reactions: fmrijo

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
olsoul, I think you better check that link you posted.

:eek:

Reactions: olsoul

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Sweat generation in any case.

I just ran an AV scan to keep my machine clean after that...

:p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should I get the horsehide EZ clip holster or the IWB holster? I will be wearing IWB but I rarely have a scenario where I tuck my shirt in where I can wear a firearm so I was thinking the EZ holster may be more comfortable since its smaller. Am I right?

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Thanks for the heads up gang...about the link....I just found a redirect on my browser...that is what I get for using explorer instead of firefox....and for not looking at my post......

I tried a few links on a virtual system and they were all going there....I got rid of the virus but for the life of me don't know how my explorer browser got hit...I also found a similar "interesting" link I posted on a different site...

My apologies for the link, as I say I'm not really sure where it came from, but I'm back on firefox and my security there is such that it won't happen again...

and now back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Reactions: bkent and BlitzPig

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Should I get the horsehide EZ clip holster or the IWB holster? I will be wearing IWB but I rarely have a scenario where I tuck my shirt in where I can wear a firearm so I was thinking the EZ holster may be more comfortable since its smaller. Am I right?
I promise no links this time....

There are times when I like my shirts tucked in so the IWB works very nicely for me....as to size, I don't find the IWB to be too big at all. I carry at about 8 to 8:30 being a lefty, and the holster rides behind my hip with the grip tucked against the small of my back, the horsehide front is at about 8:45 and the rear about 6:30 and I never feel the holster or the weapon....

Smaller doesn't always mean more comfortable, all the weapon weight is going to be riding in one spot with the EZ Clip, not spread out...I'd certainly recommend a quality belt for the EZ....something that will not bend or cause your pants to ride lower on your carry side...(an easy way to "spot" a concealed carry).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't know if I need the iwb since I almost never tuck shirts in, could you post a picture of how it looks being worn? I'm just thinking it looks really big

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Here are a couple:
untucked Theis IWB:

and here it is tucked in:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does it not seems like a bunch of material being pushed inside your pants? I guess you get used to it

·
Premium Member
13,724 Posts
If you use the right holster and find the right carry location for you (meaning 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, etc., then you'll almost forget you've got it on.

·
Premium Member
13,724 Posts
I had a single clip holster for my PPQ and I just didn't like the way it carried. This holster was from a very reputable holster maker....it just didn't work for me, so I sold it. Just like Olsoul said, the wider (two clip) holster will help distribute the weight of the pistol more evenly.

1 - 20 of 356 Posts