Walther Forums banner

What holster do you guys use?

112K views 396 replies 157 participants last post by  Floridaman 
#1 ·
Like the title says what is the best holster for edc for inside the waist belt? I have heard thesis is a good brand.

#2 · (Edited)
And you heard correctly Chattzx....I EDC my Navy Q at least 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week in a Theis IWB...it is comfortable and secure. It allows a consistent draw stroke and is easy to holster too. I even run 4.5 miles every day in the Florida weather wearing his rigs!

Tommy is a one man shop and he goes out of his way to make sure you are satisfied. He is also a forum supporter .....

I'd consider the horsehide as it is more resistant to sweat...

http://theisholsters.com/

I haven't tried Tommy's EZ Hide yet but think that will be my next order....

What is the best, is for you to determine but Tommy is a good starting point. BTW a quality holster needs a quality belt to carry it.

Reactions: fmrijo
#9 ·
Should I get the horsehide EZ clip holster or the IWB holster? I will be wearing IWB but I rarely have a scenario where I tuck my shirt in where I can wear a firearm so I was thinking the EZ holster may be more comfortable since its smaller. Am I right?

#11 · (Edited)
I promise no links this time....

There are times when I like my shirts tucked in so the IWB works very nicely for me....as to size, I don't find the IWB to be too big at all. I carry at about 8 to 8:30 being a lefty, and the holster rides behind my hip with the grip tucked against the small of my back, the horsehide front is at about 8:45 and the rear about 6:30 and I never feel the holster or the weapon....

Smaller doesn't always mean more comfortable, all the weapon weight is going to be riding in one spot with the EZ Clip, not spread out...I'd certainly recommend a quality belt for the EZ....something that will not bend or cause your pants to ride lower on your carry side...(an easy way to "spot" a concealed carry).

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up gang...about the link....I just found a redirect on my browser...that is what I get for using explorer instead of firefox....and for not looking at my post......

I tried a few links on a virtual system and they were all going there....I got rid of the virus but for the life of me don't know how my explorer browser got hit...I also found a similar "interesting" link I posted on a different site...

My apologies for the link, as I say I'm not really sure where it came from, but I'm back on firefox and my security there is such that it won't happen again...

and now back to our regularly scheduled discussion...

Reactions: bkent and BlitzPig
#15 ·
Here are a couple:
untucked Theis IWB:

and here it is tucked in:

#20 ·
I had a single clip holster for my PPQ and I just didn't like the way it carried. This holster was from a very reputable holster maker....it just didn't work for me, so I sold it. Just like Olsoul said, the wider (two clip) holster will help distribute the weight of the pistol more evenly.

#22 ·
I use Alessi Talon Plus for my P99c

As the title says, I have two Alessi Talon Plus holsters. One for my P99c and one for my Glock (G30).

They both work well. The P99c is a little smaller and as such, conceals just a bit better. The biggest negative with iwb at 12:30/13:00 is drawing from a sitting position. And forget about drawing with a seat belt on.... stil trying to find a workable solution for in the car.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
IOF,

I like the way your kydex is cut at the trigger guard. I have an email into WhiteHatHolsters because when I take my initial grip, the kydex pinches my middle finger. It doesn't do this on my Beretta PX4 kydex, just the P99 one. It is VERY important to get a good initial grip on the gun before drawing.

You made that holster yourself, did you not? I may end up trying to modify mine if WHH doesn't have a ready solution.

#25 ·
IOF,

You made that holster yourself, did you not?
Yep, those are home made. I wanted the kydex to cover the entire pistol, cuz I carry pretty deep....the rear sight is just barely above the belt line, and I didn't want the pants/belt rubbing on the side of the frame...also didn't want any snags. So, full coverage.....also protects the rear sight, which can sometimes get bumped into door jams, counter tops, etc.

#27 ·
Would it be possible to send a holster for my P99c with TLR-4 in Slovakia?Thank you for answering.

DSCF0147
I don't see why not, if you find the holster you like with a TLR-4 mount for the weapon...

The shipping and handling might be a bit more though.
If the holster maker can't (or won't) ship over seas, I'll bet you can find a forum member over here who could take the time so send it too you....

It is just a matter of the customs forms and such.

#34 · (Edited)
Chattzx,
Let us know how you like the EZ, I'm sure many of us Theis fans will be interested! And if you don't like it I bet half the folks here will buy it from you!!!!

#38 ·
Saddleback Leather Tow Belt here. 3 layers of thick, stiff leather, 100 year warranty, very happy with the purchase (been wearing it for ~1 year now both carrying a pistol and not).

As for a holster, my P99c rides in a Crossbreed Supertuck, though if I was to do it again, I'd probably go for the Theis, simply because he's a forum supporter *and* his holsters are cheaper.