Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Walther PP. (7.65) Serial # 358499 there is a square with Nds in it ..does anyone know what it stands for and were was this gun made.?? .It has a 66 on the barrel next to the deer anthler.(1966??).thanks joe/deb

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Nd part of the code indicates it was a WWII German Ordnance code but the last letter doesn't match anything I have listed as to who it was assigned to. The 66 on the bbl. most likely is the year it was made.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Blasing @ Mar. 26 2005,8:56)]The Nd part of the code indicates it was a WWII German Ordnance code but the last letter doesn't match anything I have listed as to who it was assigned to. The 66 on the bbl. most likely is the year it was made.
Now that is funny.

The pistol was made in 1966, in FRANCE, and assembled in the Ulm Do plant in western Germany (that is what the Antler proof is all about).

The Nds stamp is most likely a German police unit the pistol was issued to (ther are many ex-german police Walther PP's in this country).

Fine weapon.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The Nds inside a square stands for the State Police of Niedersachsen. They are located in Lower Saxonia, West Germany (now just Germany)

The 66 does stand for 1966 when it was assembled.

The antler stands for the proof house in Ulm. The proof house is where guns are sent for safety checks and must pass a pressure test according to German law. There are other proof houses all over Germany. And each caters to a certain caliber and weapon type. If you have a P22, you'll notice they were proofed in Koln. The symbol is a sheild with three episcopal hats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You again we sell on Gunbroker, we listed it tonight if you want to see pic's, this is the auction #.....30225747 .TY .Debra

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could some one tell me where the chart for serial numbers are? I read that the serial numbers 2??,000-370,??? Were serial numbers during the war because they wanted there to be different numbers for those in WWII. My PP also has a, what looks like a Nazi Eagle, over a capital N which is on the barrel, next to the trigger and on the handle. Again, I heard it was a Nazi mark then someone said wrote it was a test marking. I can’t seem to pin down a date or wartime or 1960’s. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would love to post pictures but don’t know how. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The earlier answers to your inquiry as to your pistols history are correct. A police pistol proofed in 1966. The eagle over N is a proofmark required for all weapons in Germany. It has nothing to do with WW2. Early proofs, up to 1939 were a crown over N and the eagle/N was used until European Union proofs came into being. Hope this helps.

Duncan

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Early proofs, up to 1939 were a crown over N and the eagle/N was used until European Union proofs came into being.
Let me add this. The CIP organisation and its now standardised CIP proof mark have nothing to do with the EU. The CIP was already established in 1914.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Let me add this. The CIP organisation and its now standardised CIP proof mark have nothing to do with the EU. The CIP was already established in 1914.
Thanks for the correction. My mind wasn't working this morning and slipped a cog. Had a big storm yesterday and lost power for 13 hours. So the spider webs were working overtime. Between the storm and quarantine I'm lucky to be lucid at all:)

Duncan

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
@Janemeister: If you are able to find a thread from 15 years ago, I'm sure you'll find the rest, too.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Could some one tell me where the chart for serial numbers are? I read that the serial numbers 2??,000-370,??? Were serial numbers during the war because they wanted there to be different numbers for those in WWII. My PP also has a, what looks like a Nazi Eagle, over a capital N which is on the barrel, next to the trigger and on the handle. Again, I heard it was a Nazi mark then someone said wrote it was a test marking. I can’t seem to pin down a date or wartime or 1960’s. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I would love to post pictures but don’t know how. Thanks!
If you are asking about your your PP with the NDS stamp I would guess it was manufactured sometime during the 1960's or '70's. But I did have a question, is the PP a .380 ( 9mm/k) or is it a 7.65 mm (.32 ACP)? I was thinking most of those were issued in .32 but am not sure. I cannot tell from the sentence you wrote. Some SN charts are up in the FAQ section. Perhaps a link will work. First you have to understand what pistols you have. I think you said you purchased a PPK/S which would put it 1968 or later and a PP with the NDA stamp. The left side of the slide designates the caliber. 1917

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-pp-tp/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts