What do YOU have? 9mm or .40 -

• 9mm

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 4 66.7%
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I took an NRA basic pistol safety class before even buying my Walther. It helped me a great deal. Taught me the basics, enough to handle the new gun with confidence and knowing how to put lead/copper through paper. My shooting still has alot to improve but I think I had a running start by learning some good technique right away.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been shooting .22, .38/.357, 9mm, .45acp, and .44mag for years... To add another caliber, just adds to the cost of reloading and all... If I were starting my handgun collection and reloading now, I might consider combining the 9mm and .45acp... I don't know though, they are mighty fine calibers... Too bad, I just can have them all... Now if I live long enough, hmmm

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mine is a 40.
I had a few of the "G" guns and sold them and wanted a new 40 polymer handgun. I always liked the looks of the Walther so I purchased a military AS trigger from CDNN. very happy I did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 2 P99's, one in .40 the other 9mm. Each sports a LPA adjustable sight and each has large capacity magazines. I reload for both and shoot frequently.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jusa @ Oct. 07 2005,07:51)]
There's always a lack in reliability on fortys.
This is a false and biased statement.

Anyone who is considering the .40 P99, take this statement with a grain of salt.  I've got around 1200 FLAWLESS rounds through my .40 P99; not one hiccup, EVER.  Don't be afraid of the .40.

Sorry dude, but try to be objective here with your opinions.

-stunks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay, I was a bit jerk there.
What I've seen in race guns, the .40 is for trouble.
Copletely different story on Walthers I bet, I haven't eaven shot one myself on that caliber. But on race guns (ipsc), peeps take them to the limit, and my small experience is that nines don't fail, forties do.

Sorry again, didn't wanna wage war.

·
Registered
72 Posts
While I wouldn't say "X, Y, or Z .40 is unreliable." I would say "X, Y, and Z were designed to shoot 9mm, and .40 was (more or less) and afterthought." Now, I do beleive that the Steyr M series was designed to shoot .40, and the 9mm was an afterthough, but most firearms chambered in .40 were not.

YMMV

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.