What do YOU have? 9mm or .40 -

• 9mm

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 4 66.7%
21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have both, though I am thinking of selling the 9mm and buying a 9mm barrel from Barsto to use in the .40. Then I'll have one gun that I can shoot three ways ( .40S&W, .357Sig, 9mm ).

I also have a factory threaded barrel for the 9mm.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I figured that my wife would have less apprehension to shooting the 9 than the .40 so I got the 9mm.  It didn't really matter -- she won't shoot the 9 either!  This gun is for defense in the home.  I want her to get used to the gun if she ever needed it, like when I'm not home.  But she always finds excuses not to go to the range.  Maybe I need to try harder to get her out.  

My 9 year old son loves going to the range but I don't let him handle the gun alone -- I'm always behind him and literally holding his hands.  I think he needs a couple more years before I let him shoot it without the handholding.  But, I might buy a .22 (P22!) for the kids to play with.

Anyway, in retrospect, I would have liked the .40.  But then, the 9mm is plenty powerful enough and the ammo is cheap and plentiful as compared to the .40.  I don't regret my choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
first post here...( figured the topic was safe enough i couldn't get the reply wrong )
i have the p99 in .40
'though i have shot other guns in 9mm, this was to be my first handgun that i owned. i simply wanted something different.
i am seriously considering a p99 compact in 9mm as a second gun. i love shooting it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an old thread but, I've never owned a .40s&w chambering and wanted to try it out. Now I just need to get that 9mm..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
9mm. Have 2 pre-ban mags which gives 32 rounds at my disposal. Since its 99.99999% odds that me, you, or anyone you know will never, ever get into a gun battle, stopping power means nothing to me, bought it because it looks cool and punches paper nicely.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.