Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 4 66.7%
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, let's have it.
The P-99 forum is by far the most popular forum here, so I'm interested in what the most popular P-99 is.
Let's not get into if the .40 is superior to the 9mm, or the 9 is a better platform, blah, blah, blah...
We all agree that both weapons are excellent, right? Right!
So tell me what you think. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Can you edit the poll to include .357Sig (for the Bar-Sto conversion barrels)
and .45 for the SW99-45,
and two of the above,
and three of the above
and "all of the above" ??

[There may already be such a poll on this forum]

·
Registered
76 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Laps @ Nov. 22 2003,5:53)]P99 in .40. Just added meprolights. Excellent pistol, love the trigger, it's a QA model.
I've been thinking of adding night sites to my pistol, are Mepro's as reasonably priced for P99 as they are for the other various pistols? Also how easy are they to install or better yet will I have to take it to a pro?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Meprolights cost me $65 through Arizona Gunrunners web site and were easy to install. Just be sure to push down on the rear sight detent (on the right side, it holds the windage screw in position) in order to release the stock sight and have some patience trying to get that small screw started on the meprolight front sight. I used a 3/16" nut driver with a small piece of tape inside the driver to hold the screw in position while getting it started. Be sure to use Loc-tite on that screw.

·
Registered
76 Posts
$65 and it sounds fairly painless. I've already had the front site screw off and found it to be no problem for me. I used to race 1/10 RC cars and the pinion gear was held on with a lock nut like is used on the front site.

Does Mepro offer different colors for front and rear, eg green/orange, yellow/green, blue/red, etc or just green/green?

·
Registered
91 Posts
First, the on-topic shhhtuff. I have a SW99 Compact in .40 and full size .45. I prefer cartridges that make bigger holes for concealed carry.

For tritium night sights, green is the brightest color. There are other options, but they aren't as bright.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen how bright the greenies are but I'm kinda surprised yellow isn't brighter. In that case a trio of greenies may be a bit better than two of something else with a green front.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies to my poll. It seems the 9's outnumber the .40's two-to-one!
Why? Nope. Never mind! Don't wanna go there. I don't want to start a debate over 9 vs .40!
(I carried a Ruger KP-93 9mm for a lot of years and felt very comfortable and well-armed with it.)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts