Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. New here and looking to get a p99. Ive read just about every post in this forum and the general consensus seems to be its a great gun. No gun is flawless so lets hear about what you DONT like about the P99. any model. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
That is a great question. I am a big Walther fan and have never owned one myself, but.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello all. New here and looking to get a p99. Ive read just about every post in this forum and the general consensus seems to be its a great gun. No gun is flawless so lets hear about what you DONT like about the P99. any model. Thanks.
Right now the fact that I can't get one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well it's hard to find anything negative to say about the P99. But if I was pressed I would have to say I don't care for the large laser etched markings. I would prefer something more subtle.

I also wish parts and armorer's info was more widely available. But that is more a function of marketing than a knock on the gun itself.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
I haven't owned my P-99 all that long (about a month). Only gripe I had was the magazines. It was almost impossible to load more than 10 rounds in them. Didn't find this out 'till I was at the range. I ended buying an UpLULA mag loader and that solved the problem right away. Now I can top off every mag and my fingers aren't raw when I'm done. Supposedly the mag springs wear in after a few full loadings and then you can load them up with no problem. The UpLULA makes the wearing in process unnecessary :D

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
154 Posts
I think ithe P99C is the IDEAL CC gun. Perfect size (bigger than the G29 smaller than the G19), light, ergonomic, accurate, reliable. I only wish more aftermarket items were available.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another minor issue is that I can't stand the import markings. I hate that they had to ruin a beautiful slide just to appease Washington bureaucrats :mad:

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I've merged the two threads regarding "don't like" and "dislike" because they are the same thing.

Reactions: searcher451

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Actually, most of the bugs in the P-99 have been worked out by now. There were some issues with the .40 S&W versions when they first came out.
Here's a website where they talk about the slide locking back prior to the last round firing and other problems:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1217.html

The problem was evidently the magazine, as Walther came out with a different magazine. If you really want to see problems then I suggest you go to either the Walther pocket pistol (PP/PPK/PPK/S) or the PPS sections.
S&W is having some troubles with their version of the Walther pocket pistols and the new PPS is suffering teething problems.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Don't like mag prices
or plastic sights, prefer metal
would like ambi slide release...

I would like to see pre-04 style, metal frame, that could take Nill combat grips.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would like the new style magazine release, a 10mm option and for the slide release to be positioned slightly differently so I wasn't quite as prone to hitting with a high thumbs forward grip. Overall I'm quite happy with mine.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
Perhaps all steel night sights could be standard. I have had no problems whatsoever with my P99. No problems with the magazines except maybe the prices and that's not a function of the pistol.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I have never had issues with loading my mags.

I would like metal sights, as opposed to polymer. That's really the only thing. Otherwise, I LOVE the gun!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.