Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering what other P99 owners have done with their guns. My first, and right now only, P99 is stock except I switched the original medium backstrap for one without the lanyard slot.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Same here on the ski ramp inside the trigger guard.

Changed to the white outline Euro sight.

My first P99 (#000237) had the white outline Euro sight, threaded barrel, and BA-6 laser head. Not much else you can do to a P-99, except refinish it.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Earl has them.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I put on a Derma grip on my full size P99 and a Walther factory steel front sight on the P99c, which I like so much I know I have to get more of these....
other than that... I got a flash hider for the threaded barrel (just couse I could :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
The only modification I've made to my P99 AS was to replace the factory striker spring with a lighter Wolff one intended for a Glock. It was a drop-in fit, and reduced the weight of the trigger pull noticeably.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Iam new to pistols and dont know much about them can you answer some questions?
Which spring did you use to replace your striker spring?
Was it worth the money?
How hard was it to do?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'd love to find a BA-5 for mine, I like the profile that it creates for the P99 that the BA-6 just doesn't seem to do. Wouldn't mind a threaded barrel and half-decent suppressor/silencer for it too, but for the cost of those two plus the tax stamp I could just buy a Colt Python which I covet more than making my gun quiet just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only modification I've made to my P99 AS was to replace the factory striker spring with a lighter Wolff one intended for a Glock. It was a drop-in fit, and reduced the weight of the trigger pull noticeably.
What model spring did you specifically use? Would this work on a QA?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd love to find a BA-5 for mine, I like the profile that it creates for the P99 that the BA-6 just doesn't seem to do. Wouldn't mind a threaded barrel and half-decent suppressor/silencer for it too, but for the cost of those two plus the tax stamp I could just buy a Colt Python which I covet more than making my gun quiet just for the fun of it.
What does the BA-5 look like? I see the BA-6 here but not the BA-5:

http://www.laserdevices.com/product.php?id=3

·
Registered
37 Posts
Add-ons

NP3 plating of slide (Robar): Great, recommend it.
Steel guide rod (Bedair): Great, recommend it.
Recoil-reducing spring (Sprinco): Bought for use when arthritic wrist was hurting, but to me it doesn't do much to reduce recoil.
Red fiber optic sights, front and rear (Earls): Great for old eyes.
BA-7 laser (Earls and elsewhere): Great for improving marksmanship.
Hogue Hand-All grip (anywhere): Lessens felt recoil a bit, helps with grip consistency.
Uplula magazine loader (Maglula): Great for speed and ease of loading and sparing sore wrist.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reply to Pitmaster

My local range is indoors, and it's the only place I shoot, so I can't say how the red fiber optics do under bright daylight conditions. Under all indoor lighting, from bright to dim, and with a variety of backgrounds, they seem to me to do as well as green, the only other color optic I've used (Hi-viz).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts