Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these from a friend of a friend, her husband died years ago and she is getting older and wanted to get rid of all of his guns. Most were purchased in the late 70's to about 1990.
I did spend a couple hours in the FAQ's and reading through a bunch of posts but still not sure when they were made and who reworked them ect..

Link to a bunch of pics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rough guess of November 1972 as a date of manufacture ;)

The coolest thing about them is how close together the SNs are - however, not particularly valuable or collectable on their own, imho. They are certainly shootable, but I would stay with lower-intensity ammo due to the fact that they do not have the hex-bolt reinforcement.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, those P1's have the "Fat Slide", yet no Hexbolt in the Frame?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have owned several of those in the mid 1980's. They were imported by Interarms in the 1980's. As others have stated, they were ex German police guns. The box usually also contained a leather full flap holster and a spare magazine. I think in the 1980's they were usually sold for under $300.

Most of these guns that I have owned were marked P38, dated early-mid 1960's and did not have the receiver hex bolt and most had the old type slide, although I have seen some marked P1 with the later improvements and build dates. They were usually great shooters.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think very highly of the P38, but there have been so many surplus P38s imported that over supply has driven the price down.

Around here, nice examples like yours bring between $300-$400 each.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think very highly of the P38, but there have been so many surplus P38s imported that over supply has driven the price down.

Around here, nice examples like yours bring between $300-$400 each.

It looks like you have the complete set as shipped from Interarms (box, spare mag, holster, paperwork) plus a nice plastic case to store the gun in, so if I was selling, I would ask $400 each.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.