Walther Forums banner

What shooting sports do you enjoy and participate in?

• 3-Gun

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Cowboy Action Shooting

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • IDPA

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Rimfire

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Skeet & Clay

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Steel Challege

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • IPSC & USPSA

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Other

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Are there a lot of revolver shooters in USPSA at all, let alone serious ones? ...

I rarely see people shoot revolver in USPSA, a couple of people in IL that I shot with did it, and now that I'm in Texas, I see barely any. Production was the hot item in Illinois, but here in Texas, I think I've seen almost as many Limited competitors as I do Production. More open here as well.

I'm looking at 3-Gun as well, and just bought an AR, but still need to get a shotgun, and I'm not in a huge rush. From a cost point of view, it's definitely one of the more daunting gun games. Good shooters will always do well I realize, but I got more into USPSA (and got better) when I invested into some purpose built guns. For 3-Gun, I'm not looking to break the bank, but I am looking, and willing to invest a little more for things I like, and can improve down the road, but still let me have fun to start.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I voted in this poll but apparently never posted a reply. I have been shooting IDPA for about a year. Haven't tried any others, but I think Bullseye would be a good complement.

IDPA is great fun. Besides fun, it is good training to put yourself in situations where someone can judge your movements and catch un-safe practices you may have picked up. It is tempting to get gear to win matches instead of your normal carry gear. I now have a CZ 75BD with plain black rear and fiber optic front sights. You can't beat those for outdoor shooting. I try to use my true carry gun as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've been shooting Pins for the last couple of years, friendly competition at a local range, about 6-10 folks, once a week. New range in my home town a couple of times a week. I mix up .22 pistol and rifle, handgun action target, and a bit bullseye thrown in. I picked up a PPX last fall (got the promo package too). I'm liking it a bit better for these outings but haven't forgot my Sig P-220 and S&W Service Revolver. I use them too. I reload to keep costs reasonable.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts