Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Whats your EDC? I live in New England so hot summers and cold winters. I carry my PPS in the summer months but wanted something a bit bigger for the cold days. I like that the PPS has the striker indicator that you can thumb when holstering. Do any other Walthers have this?
I like my pps m-1 and my P99.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Just ordered a LTT Hellcat because I'm a sucker for LTT....if Ernest puts his stamp on it, I'll give it a shot. With roughly the same size as the PPS, and more rounds....I think it'll fit a carry spot fairly easily.

Until then, I'll keep carrying the PX4 Sub-Compact, and the P99c.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry a PPQ .40S&W and love it. I was going to get one in 9mm, but then the PDP came out. So now I can't decide if I want PDP 9mm in compact or full size, or which barrel length. ...or just stick with a 9mm PPQ.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honestly i carry a variety of glocks. 17 or 19 irons or 17 19 or19x with rds. I have to carry glock at my job so its the gun i am most proficient with. That being said i have owned fn sigs and other guns. I always stayed away from the walthers because they never offered a full sized gun. And the ppq setup wasnt my thing but from the suggestiing of a red dot instructor i respect i picked the pdp up and enjoyed it. I also have a compact 5 inch as well.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Currently my PPS M2 but I will soon switch to my P99c which I will carry till about Memorial Day.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Sig p365X with Swampfox Sentinel, 13 in the gun, 15 on the belt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
NH here. P99AS (striker fired with decocker button), HK P30S, and P30SK (both SA/DA w/ safety and decocker buttons). Very comfortable carrying any of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Wisconsin. Most of the year I can carry a Glock 19 or PPQ OWB. In our short summer I've carried the Sig P938 or Ruger LCR .357 IWB but I'm trying to find a holster I like for my PPS M2.
I'm also in Wisconsin and I don't have a problem with a PPQ appendix, even in the summer with shorts and a t-shirt. The very end of the grip can print a little but not so that most people would notice. The PPQ doesn't have the striker indicator on the back but I watch it go into the holster, and I'm not sure that thing would really be a huge benefit to me. PPQ just feels like a natural big brother to PPS to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This country is changing, and so has my thoughts on EDC. I used to carry a PPQ, but now, if I'm leaving the house, I arm up (see picture below).

bubbalou said it, the P99 and P99C have a hole in the slide end plate, allowing the striker to stick thru and be visible when the striker is cocked. We have a P99 section on this forum.

🤣🤣🤣 That's Great

·
Registered
163 Posts
Whats your EDC? I live in New England so hot summers and cold winters. I carry my PPS in the summer months but wanted something a bit bigger for the cold days. I like that the PPS has the striker indicator that you can thumb when holstering. Do any other Walthers have this?
I have always been intrigued by Walther features since my first pistol a SS P38. I carry a PPS M1, M18, and a 1911A1: also New England. I hope Walther keeps their pedigree, some of the newer models do not speak to me, and lack many of Walther's classic and timeless brilliance. I know they have worked hard to Americanize them but the thing I like about German guns is the unique features. Glocks and most modern pistols are so simple and lack elegance and character.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I carry a Glock 19 gen 5. TFX pro night sites. 15+1 and an extra mag. Cross breed iwb holster, outdoor activities- fishing so on, serpa Blackhawk owb holster. I switch it up sometimes with carrying the HK -Vp9 with same sites, iwb alien gear holster. 15+1 and extra mag.
Both very comfortable once the holsters finally broke in of course.
Have the new Walther PDP but in 4.5- full size. Range gun, and It's one of the house guns for now. May be a bit big for me to carry right now unless I dress around it. Bigger shirts so on. I'm going to attempt the carry, will have to look into a holster being I'm going to mount a Holosun 507c soon.

·
Registered
428 Posts
NH here also,, usually carry an Interarms Walther PPK/S in an El Paso Saddlery left handed pancake holster. just got a Sig P938 that i have started to carry in a Tagua pancake holster,,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Summertime I carry the Springfield Hellcat 9mm with 15 round mag. In the winter I carry a PPQ M2 9 mm with 17 round mag.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts