Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your EDC? I live in New England so hot summers and cold winters. I carry my PPS in the summer months but wanted something a bit bigger for the cold days. I like that the PPS has the striker indicator that you can thumb when holstering. Do any other Walthers have this?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I own and really enjoy the PPS M2....a very accurate pistol. However, I would never rely on the cocking pin to alert me that the trigger is being pulled. Here are my reasons:

Without consistent daily practice the round would discharge before the pin registered in my old brain.
When under stree or momentarily distracted the discharge will take place before you feel it.
Even with focus on backside of the slide by the time you sense it it's probably too late.

·
Super Moderator
14,721 Posts
This country is changing, and so has my thoughts on EDC. I used to carry a PPQ, but now, if I'm leaving the house, I arm up (see picture below).

bubbalou said it, the P99 and P99C have a hole in the slide end plate, allowing the striker to stick thru and be visible when the striker is cocked. We have a P99 section on this forum.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own and really enjoy the PPS M2....a very accurate pistol. However, I would never rely on the cocking pin to alert me that the trigger is being pulled. Here are my reasons:

Without consistent daily practice the round would discharge before the pin registered in my old brain.
When under stree or momentarily distracted the discharge will take place before you feel it.
Even with focus on backside of the slide by the time you sense it it's probably too late.
all good points. I love my PPS M2 as well, but I can get away with something slightly bigger in the winter so thats kinda what Im looking for. Good point on the indicator, but still a nice feature to have IMO.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This country is changing, and so has my thoughts on EDC. I used to carry a PPQ, but now, if I'm leaving the house, I arm up (see picture below).

bubbalou said it, the P99 and P99C have a hole in the slide end plate, allowing the striker to stick thru and be visible when the striker is cocked. We have a P99 section on this forum.

Haha!
I know you do have a P99 section, and I can google but sometimes its easier to just hear it from you guys. Ill do some research later. I was originally going to buy a PDP but my gun store kind of jerked me around

·
Super Moderator
14,721 Posts
PDP is an excellent pistol.....optics ready and numerous holsters available. In all honesty, there's probably a better holster selection for the PDP than for the P99/P99C.

Sounds like its time to find another gun store.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Whats your EDC? I live in New England so hot summers and cold winters.
I'm in Wisconsin. Most of the year I can carry a Glock 19 or PPQ OWB. In our short summer I've carried the Sig P938 or Ruger LCR .357 IWB but I'm trying to find a holster I like for my PPS M2.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Could you define "bigger"? For example, I carry the Hellcat with 15+1 rounds during the summer and the PPQ 45 18+1 when the Temps drop below 100!:D Actually I can carry my PPQ 45 all year long in my cargo shorts and long pants.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Northern Maine, here…

Predominately, my S&W 642-1 that was converted to 9mm. Light, redone in NP3 plus, and can go with me everywhere.

I’m issued a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS, but not really a fan of carrying it. Will probably do it more in the winter, as I got rid of my 30S.

Only Walther is a Manurhin PP in .32… but it isn’t in a condition I’d want to carry it. Want to have a gunsmith clean it up/take down edges, and then have it plated by CCR.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in Wisconsin. Most of the year I can carry a Glock 19 or PPQ OWB. In our short summer I've carried the Sig P938 or Ruger LCR .357 IWB but I'm trying to find a holster I like for my PPS M2.
check the holster thread in the PPS section. I just ordered a miltsparks thanks to Pulicords in here

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Could you define "bigger"? For example, I carry the Hellcat with 15+1 rounds during the summer and the PPQ 45 18+1 when the Temps drop below 100!:D Actually I can carry my PPQ 45 all year long in my cargo shorts and long pants.
Glock 19/HK VP9 size. Also I sent you a DM

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Want to have a gunsmith clean it up/take down edges, and then have it plated by CCR.
Let us know how it turns out. I've got a PPK slide I'd like to send out for a dovetail cut and plating.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
check the holster thread in the PPS section. I just ordered a miltsparks thanks to Pulicords in here
I carry my Glock 19 in a Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB. It's an excellent holster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let us know how it turns out. I've got a PPK slide I'd like to send out for a dovetail cut and plating.
Will do.

I’ve emailed LaRocca in MA, but never heard back. When I get closer, I’ll call him. Figured I could drop it off on my way down to NJ.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My EDC is a Ruger lcp2 (for now)
I did carry my PPQ sc and a CCP but both are still too big/heavy
I need to be comfortable when I carry!

·
Registered
596 Posts
P99AS in a AIWB holster with modified insight x2L and/or insight M5. Now that I have a modified PDP upper I need a holster for that. Don’t forget your favorite knife, handheld light, tourniquet(s), and extra mag(s).

1 - 20 of 51 Posts