Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the odds of finding a P88? Ive been looking at them and I want one. Do you guys know of anybody that might have one for sale? Also what calibers were they manufactured in? Any help would be appreaciated:)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The P88 being a "failed" German service pistol due to price only comes in 9mm... however there was a 9x21mm barrel available.... I think Walther sold the 9x21 only as a "extra barrel" and not a complete pistol
The P88c comes in 9mm, (4inch and 6 inch barrel available) the above mentioned 9x21 and also in .22lr
some of these came with adjustable rear target sights as was there P88c's with matching serial#'ed conversions as a set

·
Registered
306 Posts
As a european citizen it's even more frustrating to realize that also here it seems very hard to find a German pistol. I would very much like to add a P88C next to my P99 and P5. I ran accross a P88 lately but I'm more interested in a P88C, especially the Competition version. However I fear that I'll never lay my hands on one because they seem no longer produced and they're very scarce around here. There might be a P88 C Champion for sale somewhere in Switzerland but it's such a fuzz to get a gun "from abroad" cause the European Union didn't change that much for gun owners. Maybe one day ? By the way, I feel that the odds for finding a P88 in the US are way better than in Europe. Try Collectors Firemarms at http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/.

One more question : it seems very hard to find any decent P88C pictures on the web. Maybe you guys could post a link ? Thanks !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts