Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you put down range through your P22? Mine is REALLY picky and will only fire CCI minimags, it will jam EVERY round with anything else I have tried

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
After a while you'll be able to shoot anything through it. Mine would only take the high velocity stuff at first, but will now feed low velocity like American Eagle stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
P88, how long did that take?
After 500 rounds I sent mine back to Walther. It still jambs about once per mag on anything but CCI maximags. Now, put a suppressor on and it functions just fine. ??

·
Registered
67 Posts
My P22 literally fires anything without any problems: CCI, Remington Hornet, Winchester bulk ammo, etc. I clean it every time after using and lubricate with Miltec-1 and a touch of Tetra grease at contact points on the slide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there such a thing as an original interarms p22 vs a smith P22?

Ive put 8-900 through my P22 and it will ONLY fire minimags, it jams on litterally every other brand of ammo I have ever tried, everything from winchester to federal and a couple of goofy brands that I will never buy again for anything (that stuff in the red and green box that starts with an L)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anything but CCI minimags does 1 of a few things

catches spent case with new round headed for chamber
catches spent case without sending new round into chamber
seems to fire correctly but does not feed another round
or my personal favorite
catches tip of round on feed ramp

usually one random round per clip functions correctly

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to disassemble the P22 magazines? I don't see how to get the spring and follower out for cleaning, and I don't want to break a magazine trying to find out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
On the base plate of the magazine you will see a button. Push this button in and slide the base off of the magazine. The spring and follower can then be pulled out for cleaning.

Devin

·
Registered
964 Posts
FastSS,

The most reliable and well-made P22s are the ones made in Germany.

When I first got mine I cleaned all the factory lube from the frame, the slide and the two A-suffix mags and used some dry teflon lube (spray), instead of gun oil.

Result: No jams or FTF/FTEs whatsover for the past year or so. Reliable and fun. Lately it is (or me) getting super accurate, too.

Crete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts