Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if this thread has been run. But I was wondering what type of ammo you guys use for your P99? My P99 is 40S&W with around 700 rnds through it. I've pretty much used Winchester 165gr USA Full Metal Jacket - Flat Nose and Remington UMC 180 gr (target ammo) with only one malfunction (when a friend of mine was "limp wristing" it). I was just wondering if the P99 doesn't like a particular type of ammo or if it likes everything.[/I] Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
AH-HA!!! Somebody ripped the avatar I spent a whole 30 minutes creating! Call the RIAA! I'm suing!
I'm glad you liked it enough to use it - yer the first.

I have a 9mm, and it has done well with Winchester white-box and CCI Blazer, FMJ and JHP. I don't know about .40 cal. From what others have said, I don't think that the P99 is a picky eater.

I'd just be wary of using Russian laquered steel case ammunition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I much prefer Sellier & Bellot 9 mm 140 gr FMJ subsonic. Mild recoil and good results. No malfunctions whatsoever in spite of the reduced powder charge.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I too have no experience with the .40 P99 but my 9mm gets a constant diet of 124gr Geco and loves it. I've had good luck with 124gr American Eagle too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Federal Hydrashok 155s also feed fine through my P99 40. I've also put 100 rounds of Winchester white box (100 round special) through it, but I did have one FTF for some reason.

Nice tip on the EFMJ Fritz. I think I'll buy a few boxes of that for both my P99 40 and my KelTec 9mm for defensive rounds.

Jason

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have yet to find anything that won't feed in my SW99 .40 Compact. My friend's .40 P99 seems to really like Fiocchi 170gr FMJ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the replies. You all answered my question. I just recently put 20 rnds of Winchester 165 gr SXT (personal defense) ammo through it with no problems.

P.S. Ni3Frontier
Of course I used your avatar. It's the best one out there.

Later

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have used Magtech, Wolf, Remmington, Winchester, Federal and American Eagle as well....totaling 1200 rounds or so...and they all have been perfect. Not one malfunction of any sort.

That being said, I am no longer using the Wolf junk...that laquer finish is not going in my gun anymore, although it fired just fine.

Like everybody else is saying around here...the P99 is not a picky eater.

Sean

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive put probably 2000 rounds through my P99, I normally use that white box walmart winchester target ammo and a combo of winchester rangers (2 spare mags) and corbons for my "hot mag"

although ill probably switch to hydrashocks when i find a store that carries them and for a good price...

I had one failure on an S&B round, those things suck hardcore, pulled the trigger and nothing happened... pulled it again and BAM... scared the crap out of me cause ive NEVER had a problem on my P99, and I just figured it was a dud round

1 - 12 of 12 Posts