Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What 9mm ammo do you guys favor and what would you see yourself using in one of these pistols. Target and self defense. I've been buying some 9mm lately in anticipation of buying a 9mm something one day soon.

I'd make a list of varieties and put it in a poll but I'm not smart enough to do that. What I'm thinking is...:D..... since Bret is here we could list what we intend to use and then Bret could make sure Walther tests that ammo to makes sure it works. M1911

WWB and Federal Hydra Shock for me for starts.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard nothing about +P yet. Other than that I don't expect the manual to have recommendations. I've never seen any by manufacturer although someone posted MiniMags are recommended in the P22 manual. I find that odd if they put that there. M1911

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
147gr rounds could cause reliability issues on P7 pistols, and lead bullets should be avoided.

Post #2 on this thread is interesting:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/77692-p7-jammed-please-help.html#post575955

The CCP may be susceptible to reliability issues with certain ammo as well, due to the gas system. Imagine if someone was to buy a large amount of ammo specifically to be shot through the CCP, only to find out later that Walther did not recommend this ammo.

If I was interested in this pistol, I'd be hesitant to buy any ammunition specifically for use in the CCP, yet.

·
Official Walther Insider
151 Posts
What 9mm ammo do you guys favor and what would you see yourself using in one of these pistols. Target and self defense. I've been buying some 9mm lately in anticipation of buying a 9mm something one day soon.

I'd make a list of varieties and put it in a poll but I'm not smart enough to do that. What I'm thinking is...:D..... since Bret is here we could list what we intend to use and then Bret could make sure Walther tests that ammo to makes sure it works. M1911

WWB and Federal Hydra Shock for me for starts.
We already have a list of ammo types that we specifically test during the design process. I don't know what their process was during that phase of designing the CCP since that was a few years ago but I personally have shot a good variety of Hornady defensive rounds with no issues.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
We already have a list of ammo types that we specifically test during the design process. I don't know what their process was during that phase of designing the CCP since that was a few years ago but I personally have shot a good variety of Hornady defensive rounds with no issues.
That's awesome. Will you be posting the list on the website?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hornaday Critical Defense, Federal HST...I personally try to stick with only a couple of manufacturers so that I understand the feel.

I tried some Liberty Halo 50gr. high speed rounds out of my PPS and found it to be very accurate, although I'm not sold on carrying for defensive purposes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just about every modern day firearm is safe to shoot +P ammo through. I'm sure the CCP will be fine with it as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I currently have 1500 rounds of Federal Champion 115gr FMJ, 400 rounds of 115gr FMJ Brass Maxx and about 200 rounds each of 124gr and 147gr HST

Think I'll start there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm somewhat late to the party, but as an all around self defense round, I'll go with the 124 grain Gold Dot Short Barrel.

·
Registered
9,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Late to the party......? :p I don't think so. The pistol hasn't even been released for distribution and sale yet. We have time. Just want to make sure Walther knows what we are planning on using. Some firearms do not accept +P rounds. Revolvers and semi autos. Ruger LCP is one of them. Too much unsupported brass. M1911

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
This might well be a chicken-and-egg thing. We won't know what ammo we are likely to use, should we even decide to carry it, until we get a look at the thing and get it apart and reassemble it and then shoot it a few times, and then shoot it a few more times. Then again, Walther is likely to simply take the decision out of the buyer's hands entirely. If the manual says anything besides +P and +P+ are not recommended under any circumstances, I'll be amazed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts