Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems any email I get from Cheaper than Dirt has new levels of insanity.

Today: Blazer Brass, 9mm, 115 FMJ, 50 round box....$59.89 !!

Limit 3 per customer. Who’s buying this? My guess is new (frightened) gun owners with a new gun but nothing to feed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sure hope this is temporary insanity!
Let the election dust settle and solve the COVID crisis and allow us to restore some semblance of normalcy in our lives again.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
$1000 for a case of plain jane 9mm FMJ. And they wanted more for shipping :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
If your boat burns 150 gallons an hour of diesel fuel, when running, money is never an issue.
When asked what else they can put on their yacht, besides state of the art electronics and firearms I would recommend a trap thrower and assorted fine shotguns.
If they're headed across the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas, and the chopper is in for service, they have their jet circle overhead just in case the Bermuda Triangle is active. ;)

We Po folks load our own ammo and are always stocked up.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The good thing about ammo prices being so high it's the free market way to prevent hoarding.
Don't get me wrong, there are some dealers and LGS's that are taking advantage of this climate, but remember last year at this time some didn't even know if they were going to be able to stay in business.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, the shit has definitely got'n out of hand alright.

Now just about "anything associated with firearms" has shot up in price not just ammo.

Recently was looking for a specific heat shield for my home defense 12ga. and wouldn't you know it....the starting asking price $99.00 and up!

Oh and by the way...the only one's doing the "hoarding" are the Gun Sellers, Shop's...etc. themselves......by hoarding the huge amount of $$$$ that they are making off of this current panic buying mode.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1000 rds of LC M193 just went for $1000 on msgo.com.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
The kids have gone thru 20K of 22LR in a month.
Me, just 250 380ACPs in my PPKs and P238HD and 500 45ACP in my Gold Cup, then a 50/458 Win Mags in my snubby No.1 rifle and then what's next... was a day at the range.
Lately just a bow and arrows in the backyard and try not to kill the house... again. :rolleyes:

As soon as I make some stocks for the 460 Smiths I'll run 500 in each and bring the Winchester '92 in 45 Colt along with ringing out that new to us No.1V in 223Rem...1:12... 40/45/50/55 grainers.
Then save what's left and go fishing. :D

We have nothing compared to high volume shooters who keep 50K or more ...for each of their firearms.... factory and/or components.

Wished I had bought more components and 22LR.
Then there's Trap. :D
Only have enough for 20 flights or so on hand.
Buying for Trap/Skeet some people get it in several pallets at a time.

Archery is a great skill to develop and you just might go home with all your arrows... maybe. ;)
I was given a real Lemonwood flatbow at 10 and not allowed to shoot a gun until I had my skills mastered. Took 2 years and then was allowed to shoot bats with a 12 gauge...1959 was a good year.
Still have and use that bow with the kids.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The kids have gone thru 20K of 22LR in a month.
Me, just 250 380ACPs in my PPKs and P238HD and 500 45ACP in my Gold Cup, then a 50/458 Win Mags in my snubby No.1 rifle and then what's next... was a day at the range.
Lately just a bow and arrows in the backyard and try not to kill the house... again. :rolleyes:
(SNIP)
Look into decent air rifles for the kids.

Super accurate, quiet, clean, and much less expensive to shoot in large amounts.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
We started the kids with a Benjamin Sheridan HB17 when they were five.
I'll make a butt stock for it and give it to the grandkids... no tax stamp necessary. ;)
I gave my brother our Crosman 1377 along with my Series 70 Ace long ago to go with his 10/22.
It's in the middle with the Civil War era Naval Captain's sleeve grips.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I had the unfortunate reality of about $1/round for range fodder .45 ACP hit me hard the other day. I balked at it. I am the ignorant one that knew this was coming but didn't hoard beforehand. So its just me to blame. But $1/round for noise making fuel. When I picked up my new carry piece, they cut me a break on the carry ammo, but the stuff they had on the shelf, as scarce as it was, was getting to be insanely high. Case of 45 must be astronomical!!!! Can't wait for this to settle down again. I'll be investing in one of those laser systems so I can still get practice time.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Anyone that thinks that ammo prices are going to "settle down" is not paying attention. The notional incoming administration has made it quite plain that they intend to severely curtail the ownership of firearms in this country. Pretty much this means that you have what you have right now, and do not expect it to get any easier to obtain in the future,

Reactions: Cas

·
Registered
278 Posts
I haven't been impacted too badly. Found some 25 rd boxes of .44 Special for $15 ea., that's about the usual price but due to circumstances I bought more than I immediately needed. Bought a couple of boxes of .41 magnum at Cabelas for $29/50, also the usual price but again, bought extra so I spent more. I was quite low on .22, could not find any of my usual loads, but did find a dealer who specialized in target shooting and was able to get some Eley, SK, and Norma from them at typical MSRP for these loads. Paid more per box than I usually would but turned out to good value as these shot better in my PPQ than anything else I've used to date. The one item I did have to pay a premium for was some 9mm from the same bullseye oriented dealer.Not an insane price, but definitely more than I would normally be willing to pay. Upside for this dealer is that I will probably continue to buy from them as they tell you what is on hand, price it within reason, and have it in your hands 3 days after you order.

Now that Federal will sell direct, I've been checking their website and have occasionally found small quantities of .22 and 9mm available but didn't order since it didn't seem worth it for the 2 box limit.

For those who are trying to get $50 plus for a box of 50 9mm, they might want to consider people have long memories.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Someone has just posted 1000 rds of IMI M855 for $1200 on msgo.com (Mississippi Gun Owners forum - uses the same software as this forum).
Sad thing is it will probably sell by this evening.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, the shit has definitely got'n out of hand alright.

Now just about "anything associated with firearms" has shot up in price not just ammo.

Recently was looking for a specific heat shield for my home defense 12ga. and wouldn't you know it....the starting asking price $99.00 and up!

Oh and by the way...the only one's doing the "hoarding" are the Gun Sellers, Shop's...etc. themselves......by hoarding the huge amount of $$$$ that they are making off of this current panic buying mode.
Nailed it! Exactly what is going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems any email I get from Cheaper than Dirt has new levels of insanity.

Today: Blazer Brass, 9mm, 115 FMJ, 50 round box....$59.89 !!

Limit 3 per customer. Who’s buying this? My guess is new (frightened) gun owners with a new gun but nothing to feed it.
I just seen 5,000 rounds of CCI military small rifle primers go for $910.00 plus $30.00 shipping on gunbroker. This week. It's getting bad to find anything at a decent price right now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts