Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this Walther LG Cal 4,5 mod 55 pellet gun at an auction. I have several guns but I’m not a collector, I’m looking to sell it but I’m having a difficult time finding out what it’s worth. It’s a beautiful gun, in all but perfect condition, it seems mechanically sound and shoots fine but the sights are missing. Any help on the value of the gun and how to go about selling it would be greatly appreciated. 14DAD276-4839-4DC8-8538-8FE34D082DA7_1567466884681.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your rifle is a Model LG 55 which was introduced in 1955. I forget now but I believe it stayed in production until 1972. Its a finely made precision airgun used mostly 10M target shooting. It pushes generally, 7.9 grain pellet about 550 to 570 fps depending on the paring and seals. Do not dry fire it. You might find a set of sights for it on egun.de, a German auction site. I collected vintage German 10M airguns for about 10 years ending in 2010, bought over 117, nopw have 3. I have not kept up with prices but in my time, with sight , I would buy and well 55's for $275 in that condition. Look up Amerivan Vintage Airguns, a forurum with really nice folks there. They will know prices and be able to find you sights. Nice gun, has that beautiful Walther deep bluing and stock should b e nitrocellulose lacquer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts