Walther Forums banner

What’s a fair price to sell the promotional Ameriglo Haven RDS?

487 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  par
At this time I don’t want a red dot and am going to price my 2 promotional Haven optics To Move.

What do you think is a fair price to ask unopened box?

Don’t they sell new from the manufacturer for $250?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
eBay is littered with the Haven. There is one at $112 right now and the auction ends tomorrow. Priced "to move" would be $50-$75 in my opinion.
Reactions: 3
Ebay Completed Sales show the Haven going for $100 to $150ish, and everywhere in between.
Reactions: 1
At those prices, why sell it. It's actually a good RDS and was free at that. I have no issues with it and I have a 507c x2 green.
Reactions: 2
At those prices, why sell it. It's actually a good RDS and was free at that. I have no issues with it and I have a 507c x2 green.
I guess I could keep them, or just keep 1 of the 2 havens. I am just treating it as a discount on my pistols.
For me and my current inexperience I don't think I want a RDS and just want to upgrade to metal fixed night sights. For now.
I guess I could keep them, or just keep 1 of the 2 havens. I am just treating it as a discount on my pistols.
For me and my current inexperience I don't think I want a RDS and just want to upgrade to metal fixed night sights. For now.
I’m trying to sell mine so I can offset a portion of the cost of the five mags and Trijicon sights I bought for mine. I never had any intention of using it and now won’t get co-witness with the sights I installed.

So far zero interest and no offers, but I forgot about eBay TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I don’t understand your logic. Why make things difficult for yourself? The gun will be easier to shoot accurately with the optic sight.
I guess I don’t understand your logic. Why make things difficult for yourself? The gun will be easier to shoot accurately with the optic sight.
I usually attribute this attitude to those who haven't had much training with RDS.

I, myself, was deeply into the "I don't need no fancy schmancy red dot. Who needs technology? Irons don't take batteries.. I already know how to shoot ...blah blah blah.... " mindframe

Even the first time shooting a red dot I walked away with the opinion, "I don't actually shoot any better with this - particularly in terms of target acquisition speed"

After a little practice though... it isn't even close.

I, myself, am always resistant to change so I 'get it'. It was only a couple years ago I switched from creating invoices on carbon copy paper to full digital... so yeah, I'm the kind of guy who gets dragged kicking and screaming into new technology. :ROFLMAO:

PS the digital invoices were worth it, so was the red dot.
See less See more
Reactions: 4
I usually attribute this attitude to those who haven't had much training with RDS.

I, myself, was deeply into the "I don't need no fancy schmancy red dot. Who needs technology? Irons don't take batteries.. I already know how to shoot ...blah blah blah.... " mindframe

Even the first time shooting a red dot I walked away with the opinion, "I don't actually shoot any better with this - particularly in terms of target acquisition speed"

I, myself, am always resistant to change so I 'get it'. It was only a couple years ago I switched from creating invoices on carbon copy paper to full digital... so yeah, I'm the kind of guy who gets dragged kicking and screaming into new technology. :ROFLMAO:

I am very inexperienced and I need to take more lessons. Gonna try to get one this week actually. I do not know how to shoot. I just assumed a rds will complicate things for me such as mounting it wrong or something. Just figure I should learn first on metal iron sights and then explore rds later.

I am open to suggestions though because again, I am new to this. I have only taken 1 basic handgun group class and 1 rifle class just me with an instructor.
I am very inexperienced and I need to take more lessons. Gonna try to get one this week actually. I do not know how to shoot. I just assumed a rds will complicate things for me such as mounting it wrong or something. Just figure I should learn first on metal iron sights and then explore rds later.

I am open to suggestions though because again, I am new to this. I have only taken 1 basic handgun group class and 1 rifle class just me with an instructor.

Props on you for seeking instruction.

IMO a red dot isn't an "advanced skill" that should only be utilized by experienced users.

it's a basic skill - even more basic than using irons because it is a more simplistic aiming system. You only have to line up the dot with your target - with irons it's the front sight, rear sight and the target.

I wouldn't ignore iron sight practice but if I was a new shooter I don't think there is any solid reason to avoid red dots.

If I were doing a car analogy... red dots are kind of like a modern automatic transmission. Every bit as good as a manual but allow you to focus on the road instead of shifting.
Props on you for seeking instruction.

IMO a red dot isn't an "advanced skill" that should only be utilized by experienced users.

it's a basic skill - even more basic than using irons because it is a more simplistic aiming system. You only have to line up the dot with your target - with irons it's the front sight, rear sight and the target.

I wouldn't ignore iron sight practice but if I was a new shooter I don't think there is any solid reason to avoid red dots.

If I were doing a car analogy... red dots are kind of like a modern automatic transmission. Every bit as good as a manual but allow you to focus on the road instead of shifting.
Thank you. Yes I plan to try them but gonna wait. None of the 3 holsters i've already purchased accomodate red dot sights afaik.

Now just wait a minute. I’ll take driving our manual 6-speed MX-5 any day over our boring auto SUV. ;)
Now just wait a minute. I’ll take driving our manual 6-speed MX-5 any day over our boring auto SUV. ;)
I'll admit an auto doesn't quite have the same charm as a manual transmission. Likewise, I think iron sights scratch a slightly different cerebral itch than red dots.

But if you put me in a 911 Turbo with an 8 speed automatic and paddle shifters I'm sure I'll be just fine ;)

Good for you for wanting to learn properly.

When Walther introduced the F-series last year they also released a set of videos where instructor Tatiana Whitlock goes through basic handgun shooting. They were originally aimed at women shooters but the content is excellent.

Also, for mounting a re dot check out the C&H Precision Weapons videos. It's really not that difficult.
In long run you're gonna thank yourself because when get comfortable with it . You won't need to buy another RDS unless you want to upgrade to a high end unit if you wanted to for your use.

Enjoy and good luck on the classes.

15 Steps to a red dot:
1). Deny they exist
2). Accept they exist but think they are just a fad
3) think that they are only for advanced shooters
4) sell any red dot given to you because you are an iron sights shooter
5) try a red dot and confirm they are not better, maybe worse
6) try a red dot seriously and agree there are some benefits but you are sticking with traditional sights
7) spend some time trying to get better with red dots
8) admit that they have an advantage but won’t spend the money on them
9) get one for free but now that you tried to improve, actually use it
10) start to really see the improvements
11) want another red dot for another gun
12) get another for an additional gun
13) put them on all of them
14) deny you ever were against red dots
15) start a 15 steps to a red dot list
See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: 3