Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which weapon do you think is better? Both are light weight, strike fired and same inches....

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think these three are similar enough that it’s really a matter of personal preference vs any real advantage of any of the particular pistols. All three are quality weapons from good manufacturers and will run for you. I happen to prefer the Walther ergonomics and trigger over Glock, but that may not be the case for you and obviously there are plenty of Glock fans out there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talk about glock 45 , hk VP9 B and Walther pdp full size 4 inc. i want it for everyday carry and as duty carry.

·
Super Moderator
14,553 Posts
The PDP has a Performance 'Duty' Trigger. Other n' that, they're all good choices.

You might also consider 'holster availability'....specifically, a DUTY holster. Safariland has numerous options for Glocks and the HK VP9, but they still haven't released anything for the PDP....they're working on it though.

Personally, I'm waiting on a 6360 or an RDS model for the PDP. So, depending on your timeline, holster availability may be a factor to consider.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The reason I asked for more detail is you are requesting a comparison between two calibers which introduces both weight and ammo capacity issues. I own the PPQ 45 and a Glock 21. My preference in the 45acp is the PPQ 45.....hands down. I only purchased the Glock 21 because I was unable to find a PPQ 45 (new) and the permanent use is a carry in one of our vehicles. If I carried OWB the PPQ 45 is my pick.

While I do not own the PDP I did check out the Compact when they were released. The grip is great! The factory trigger is virtually identical to a PPQ M2....that's why OF pointed you to the PDT. Sights are on par with PPQ's so I would suggest a change to those. OF can suggest several excellent replacements.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I asked for more detail is you are requesting a comparison between two calibers which introduces both weight and ammo capacity issues. I own the PPQ 45 and a Glock 21. My preference in the 45acp is the PPQ 45.....hands down. I only purchased the Glock 21 because I was unable to find a PPQ 45 (new) and the permanent use is a carry in one of our vehicles. If I carried OWB the PPQ 45 is my pick.

While I do not own the PDP I did check out the Compact when they were released. The grip is great! The factory trigger is virtually identical to a PPQ M2....that's why OF pointed you to the PDT. Sights are on par with PPQ's so I would suggest a change to those. OF can suggest several excellent replacements.
I talk about one caliber. Glock 45 is 9mm

·
Super Moderator
14,553 Posts
All three have proven track records. This comes down to personal choice....pick the one you like. However, it seems you still need to factor in aftermarket accessories and holster availability. But again, you decide.

I'd go with the PDP and wait on a Safariland 'duty' holster.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
I think all three are excellent choices. The Glock will probably have a better selection of holsters, sights, and parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think all three are excellent choices. The Glock will probably have a better selection of holsters, sights, and parts.
Whalther pdp is the newest.
Glock has everything but you must change many to be best.
I dont know if you must change something on whalther......
Glock has cheaper parts ect , i think of everything!

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
The PDP uses Glock sights so finding sights for it should not be a problem.

I agree all three are good choices. Ideally the OP would have a chance to shoot all three or at least fondle them before making a purchasing decision.

One of them will speak to him more than the other two.

·
Super Moderator
2,293 Posts
Whalther pdp is the newest.
Glock has everything but you must change many to be best.
I dont know if you must change something on whalther......
Glock has cheaper parts ect , i think of everything!
You might want to change the sights on the Walther. Other than that you should be good to go.

PDP is new but it is really an evolution of the P99 and PPQ platforms. In fact many PPQ parts will interchange with PDP parts.

That basic platform is well proven.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would probably go for the Walther or the HK. Do you really want to be 'that guy with the Glock'? ;)

PDP Compact with the 4.5 inch barrel seems awfully tasty. I haven't bought my own PDP yet but that is the one I'd go for. Still hoping they release one with paddles as a special editon or something before I pull the trigger on it.

That said I have a Glock19 Gen 3 and a home built Polymer80-Glock17-copy and I like both guns quite a bit. There is something to the simplicity of them that is hard to beat. The ability for even a fairly novice mechanic/gunsmith to do a 100% tear down of the Glock is a compelling reason to get one.

I do have to say that of all the Glocks, I'm not sure I'd go Glock45. For my situations I don't see the benefit of the longer grip and shorter slide. The G19 style grip gives you better versatility for mags and has plenty of real-estate for me to get a full grip on it. YMMV

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
For my situations I don't see the benefit of the longer grip and shorter slide. The G19 style grip gives you better versatility for mags and has plenty of real-estate for me to get a full grip on it.
Agreed. I don't care for the Glock 19X or 45 configuration at all.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I've got a regular VP9, couple of Caniks, M18, and now a PDP. Frankly the Caniks shoot as well as all of the others. They're excellent guns for a reasonable price. Of the ones you mentioned, I'd probably go with the PDP. I got the full grip w/ 4.5" barrel and on a 90* day like today it wasn't slipping in my hand at all.

The VP9 is a close second, it feels the best in my hand, but the trigger isn't quite as good as the PDP or Caniks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which weapon do you think is better? Both are light weight, strike fired and same inches....
I own all three. The Glock 45 is my duty weapon, while the HKVP9L is my off duty weapon. I have the PDP Compact 5", and it is sweet. I prefer the HK over the PDP for my off duty because it just feels better to me, and therefore I seem to shoot it somewhat better... although not by much. If push came to shove, I could carry the PDP as well. Not a fan of Glocks, just carry one as duty weapon because it is the required firearm for our agency. The Glocks are great firearms, and very reliable, but they don't feel good in my hand. Grip feels like a 2x2 board. Just recently purchased the HK VP9L OR Match, and it is absolutely phenomenal...... love it !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts